1995 EJ1 Idling problems

civicjunkie73

5+ Year Member
I hope this is the right place to post this question..... I have a 1995 Honda Civic Ex with a D16Z6. The problem is that when the temperature outside gets hot and the engine gets up to operating temperature the idle will start to drop and lope. It almost seems like it's going to cut off but never has. Oh, and by the way no MIL lamps.

civicjunkie73

5+ Year Member
Thanks for the suggestions

I had wondered if it was the IACV. That had been suggested. I had not thought about it being the fuel relay but I guess that would be a possibility as well. Would either of these issues not cause a MIL light? Just had transaxle rebuilt which cost me a small fortune so I am trying to pinpoint the issue as closely as I can. Would a diagnostic machine show the problem without a trouble code being thrown?

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would suggest cleaning the iacv and the fitv. and also check the relay suggested above, since its doing it when it warms up it could be either the relay or i would think the fast idle thermo valve.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
could also check the bulb for the light, it may be out. if the valves are dirty they might not throw a cel.