1996 Civic Hx coupe build

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wanna see this ghetto-rigged abomination as well.

As for headlight options, I agree on not getting HIDs for the same reasons. I suggest PIAA bulbs. Theyre better quality than Sylvania and last longer. Get a pair of good condition used OEM headlights and have a shop clear coat them and theyre look brand new.
PIAA is also good. I run their Plasma Ions in my fog lights, the color is awesome. I have an issue with them blowing out frequently, but my guess is because of the location. Fog lights always go quicker. Also Phillips X-treme Vision are nice bulbs.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I may be ill-informed on this subject, but isn't there more to removing power steering than just removing the pump and the reservoir? End result would be no fluid going to your PS rack and I'd imagine there would be some issues with that? Or is it just like not having it in the first place? I only ask because I'm sure Child may know better than I.

I've never converted from or to, I either had it or never did. I've removed AC, that's easy ha
The header design actually shines in the low and midrange rpms. The curves are to keep the header compact while adding length to each runner and in the case of the knockoff versions, nearly equal length tubing as well. So for a weak D series that takes ages to run up to the upper rpms, this is a useful design regardless of how it may appear.

When you remove power steering, the steering rack needs to be looped or swapped out for a manual rack on top of removing the pump, pulley, and belt. I didn't have power steering in my red hatch, so it wasn't an issue for me to consider.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice header regardless. Kinda sucks it takes up the room of the luxuries, if you need them that is.

With the PS rack, I figured as much. I saw the rack you swapped in your HX and wasn't sure if it was PS at one point, but I figured since you specified it was a manual rack, that a PS rack wouldn't work if it was just disconnected.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice header regardless. Kinda sucks it takes up the room of the luxuries, if you need them that is.

With the PS rack, I figured as much. I saw the rack you swapped in your HX and wasn't sure if it was PS at one point, but I figured since you specified it was a manual rack, that a PS rack wouldn't work if it was just disconnected.
In my case with the k series, I went from power steering to manual just as a preference. I didn't want to run a power steering pump on the K for the look, fitment, and feel of the car. The manual rack had a quicker turning ratio which is why I didn't choose to loop my existing power steering rack.

I'm interested to see how the OP's setup will sound. I don't typically see people use a complete system from header back from one particular brand. Im hoping to see if they at least made their parts work well together.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm somewhat concerned about the opening on the muffler coming from a stock diameter piping, it can go one way or another. The girlfriend had a 98 DX with something similar and it was very raspy (cat back) and her current 00 EX with a name brand (forget what it was), same looking design, has actually a really decent throaty tone through the rpm range. It sounds like it's way faster than it is, but it's very bearable.

My DC header -> Random Tech cat -> Apexi WS2 sounded amazing. I loved it.
Other than than, I just rock the stock exhaust until I'm ready for a turbo'd swap.

seththekid

just got home with my car sounds 100% better than it did before I'll be sending the headers back and getting some that aren't as crazy might even just go with a 4-2-1 set. But it is currently raining here in mobile! so no pictures until it slacks off lol. I just decided that i would rather have my ac / ps.

seththekid

In my case with the k series, I went from power steering to manual just as a preference. I didn't want to run a power steering pump on the K for the look, fitment, and feel of the car. The manual rack had a quicker turning ratio which is why I didn't choose to loop my existing power steering rack.

I'm interested to see how the OP's setup will sound. I don't typically see people use a complete system from header back from one particular brand. Im hoping to see if they at least made their parts work well together.
yea I'm still sticking with spec d just not that particular style going to start looking into what else they have tonight. I know they have just your 4-2-1 not to sure if they have any other styles for there 4-1 header going to check after dinner.