1996 honda civic dx engine swap

Gatorman

what would be a very simple motor swap and tranny i wanna do turbo in the future but i want a simple swap ill like to go DOHC but i dont want have to deal with alot of wiring

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you plan on turbo, go with a B18B out of an LS. It's DOHC, and is very good with boost. Wiring isn't that bad either, fairly straight forward.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dont waste your time, k20z3 that b***h!!!!
what would be a very simple motor swap and tranny i wanna do turbo in the future but i want a simple swap ill like to go DOHC but i dont want have to deal with alot of wiring
B18 is WAY easier than doing a K swap. Not only that, but MUCH cheaper.

Gatorman

how hard is a k20 ill di k20 can u get help on a write up and what car came with a good k20

HONDUH22

a k swap is rediculously expensive if ur talking cheap not to mention pointless if u are looking for some true power. As most civic lovers say... a D can hang with a B most of the time. Ds r easier/cheaper to turbo depending on what size turbo you want. I unfortunately have a toyota "Canary". Im purchasing a Honda Civic dx with a mini me swap already in it. I have debated on a b swap as well but come to the conclusion that a D would be a lot cheaper. I want a D16a6, y7, or y8. might even bore and go aftermarket on the head and assembly for a beefer turbo.