1996 Honda Civic EX Coupe

bigL562

Hello Everyone. Pretty new to this site and new to civics.

Purchased this earlier this year but haven't done much with it. It is my daily driver not really trying to do a whole lot with it, just want to get it clean and add a few mods.

It is an automatic, which i'm not too proud about but i'm going to go with it for now. I'm open to suggestions and ideas.

Had to replace the battery when i returned from my deployment cause the wife didn't start it much but other than that, it runs ok. This pic was taken right before i deployed in March.

Not much has changed with it. just got a AEM short ram and going to put it on this weekend. more pics to come.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/848/img20110218143110.jpg/

Jlpz88

Registered VIP
Welcome!! Any bay shots

bigL562

bay pic. needs to be cleaned up. also going to be switching that intake out this weekend.

By bigl562 at 2011-12-27

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Well shoild have some money after deployment get a 5 speed swap then decide if want to stay with d or what.

CO671

Registered VIP
Looks really nice! I'm not a fan of the 96-98 front ... just me being picky. Looks really nice!.
How about the interior?

bigL562

I'll have some interior pics up tomorrow. I wasn't a fan of the front end either, but I figured I would stay with and not follow what everyone else is doing with there's.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Someone spent some money to make it an EM1 SI clone.

I actually prefer the 96-98 front ends over the 99/00.
I like the boxy front grill and the headlights better.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks good, wheels are way to big tho

bigL562

yeah i plan on changing the rims out with something haven't figured out what i'm going to do yet.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Any updates?
Looks clean though man, i could handle the wheels with a little drop

bigL562

Installed new short ram. Hope I did it right. There is a black tube that just hangs there near the censor don't know what it hooks up to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bigL562

In the process of removing the bumper so i can clean the headlights.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

emerican

Registered VIP
If your just gonna polish the lights why are you gonna remove the bumper?
i did mine with everything on the car just did the sandpaper thing moving from differtn grits to polish them and a rag with some cleaning stuff on it i forgot the name of at the very end it came out good.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's hard to tell from that picture but that looks like an air/coolant line. On a stock motor it comes off the valve cover and into the stock intake. There's another part that's built onto it that coolant runs to. Look where the bottom pieces run to and buy an l-shaped connector for them.

That'll work if that's what it is. Could be wrong though.