1996 HONDA CIVIC LX (d16y7) WHINNING

Cmatt2525

Car has 209,000 miles. I just did a valve adjustment the other day but the noise is still there... im almost positive i did them perfect. Intake .007 exhaust .009. Used firing order 1,3,4,2 and turned the cam gear 90° for each cylinder using the access hole under driverside front wheel. Anyways, the noise was still there before the valve adjustment but now it seems you can hear it better... idk maybe not, i just want my car to not sound like an electric drill when i rev it lol

Also it does this thing where you rev it to lets just say 3k rpm, then let them drop all the way back down to idle speed, when its passing around 1000 rpm it makes this "thud" sound, drops slightly below idle speed then goes back to normal idle speed... if that made any sense.... it's hard to describe but only does it in neutral or park. Never while driving. No check engine codes as of right now but i just recently just put a "new" used computer in from another 96 lx and have only put 47 miles on it so far so idk if it hasn't re-learned itself or the light just isnt on.... and i really cant drive it to put miles on it because it's not inspected and ive already been pulled 3 times for bad inspection in the car.... any help at all would be appriciated... im just trying to figure out if i should sell it or if its worth fixing up, because i have limited money....