1996 honda power window wiring

jvescov

Hi, so I am working on fixing my driver side power window I've gone through getting a new motor and switch nothing is working. so I've began to go through testing the wires and basically what I am coming up with is using a test light I am getting power to the grn/blk(which from what I gather is constant power in ON mode) and when I pull up and down on the master pass switch the light goes on for the blue/orange, blue/yellow and the window goes up and down. Now when I do it for the master switch driver window nothing and I get no light to any of the other wires while pulling or pushing up or down on the switch. anyway so I am assuming wiring now and before I start running through all the wiring I just want to confirm that's most likely the next step and which wires am I looking for a break in if its the driver side window.

the diagram ive been looking at from another post on here is this one but it doesn't tell me which is which.

http://s639.photobucket.com/user/RonJ_HT/media/picture_4763.jpg.html

RonJ

Banned
Check for broken wires in the connector located in the driver's door jamb.

rover4x4

5+ Year Member
I have been dealing with a stuck rear window, all the other windows work (slowly). My ps rear window (SEDAN) is currently stuck down. I have swapped door switches and the switch is fine. I can hear the window motor when I try to lower the window but not when I try to raise the window. Should I assume since the motor continues to try and lower that I have a wiring issue? I am on my way to get a test light. When there is a wiring issue is it generally associated with the wiring from the master switch or the wiring to the individual window switch?

Has anyone converted to manual windows?