1997 Civic 1,5 3d

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Where did you find teh RS-2's at? Theyve been discontinued for about a year now and I cant find any.

lutherking92

Where did you find teh RS-2's at? Theyve been discontinued for about a year now and I cant find any.
At a local tyre shop, it was 72 usd each, and it was manufactured 2010 dec, so not an old one. Btw my country makes hankook tyres, but idk why, it is from korea as i remember. (and i bought it new, so not used)

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
At a local tyre shop, it was 72 usd each, and it was manufactured 2010 dec, so not an old one. Btw my country makes hankook tyres, but idk why, it is from korea as i remember. (and i bought it new, so not used)
That is super cheap! Id buy all 4 if I found em that cheap. I made the mistake of throwing them on and not getting an alignment till about 6 months after I had them. Theyre still on but they are so bald that I can make this car fish tail on the fly.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
And theyve been discontinued for the longest now why does it say MANUFACTURED 2010!!! I want more RS-2!

lutherking92

Since my last update I bought a few minor stuff, but I only post them after the new suspension will be in. It will take a month or two, since I'm short on money. But after that I can touch the ground from inside the car =) until then, here's a video of me driving on snowy hill, pushing an audi a4 avant ?1,9? tdi. The guy passed me in a straight before the mountain pass, and then he was way too slow for me.
My ek3 chasing audi

lutherking92

All right, I bought a set of Ground Control coilover conversion kits with spring rates F 450, R 350 and a set of koni sport. Ride is incredible. I could say more comfortable than stock, but still better cornering, hold tight as s**t. Set to middle strength, and you will notice the bumps on the road are not as hard as on soft, or stock. Pictures tomorrow, or maybe on monday.

lutherking92

Sorry for being late, but I was too busy working in two shifts and studying. Here are some pics, I even bought fanblades since then, I needed oem offset.

Old rims:

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I find it funny how your car has original parts and its the norm over there, but bring that over here and youll be the star at a local get together.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I find it funny how your car has original parts and its the norm over there, but bring that over here and youll be the star at a local get together.
:word:

Reminds me of an article in Honda tuning about the Japanese having a USDM market, where we have a large market for JDM goods.

I guess we should all take our cars to foreign places and sell them for profit lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lutherking92

That's right lol :D here to get it oem is really lowbudget, but to get it some asr stuff, little bit of extras, and you are looking at a very big expense. eg: i want to buy energysuspension shifter bushings, costs 10 bucks, shipping costs 38. And this multiplies with bigger stuffs.

lutherking92

All right, I've been to my first track day ever. It was quite good I think, since my time is in the middle of the cars with 150-200 hp. First lap is a slow one, second is the fastest all day. Enjoy =) (btw this is Hungaroring, some of you might know it from formula 1 or wtcc, or whatever races are on tv in the states)
Hungaroring Laps
How on earth can I link a video here? never mind, click on it.

lutherking92

It's been a while since my last update. Didn't happen too much though. I upgraded my brakes from 262mm to ep2 262mm, and then to 282mm with mg zr180 discs and mb6 calipers. Tight but spot on.
I noticed that my pictures in the first comment are gone, so this post is going to be pic heavy.

EBC Yellowstuff pads and EBC Highcarbon discs. Did very well on track, but I will tell that later.

After bedding in I had a weird feeling, that the brakes are not that good. Too bad I didn't really had a chance to investigate, because the very next day was the track day.
Fortunately the brakes were excellent. I also picked up a set of Toyo R888 medium. Even if those are /55 instead of /50, and it was so hot the whole day, that I felt like I'm in hell, and the traffic was so heavy that sometimes it was like a traffic jam on track, I managed to lap a new record. With 2.28.855 I'm in the ek4 sector. I was braking later than anyone, I could keep up with cars on slick in the corners. So the day was real good. My aim is to reach 2.26 (which is the optimal time with the current sector times).
I did 4 sessions, each was 25 minutes long. Since it was 35+ celsius all day, I had some overheating problems. Nothing serious, I turned on the heater, and it was all good. Even if I had to race sitting in 50 celsius, because the windows had to be up. I beat a DC2, EP3s, all the mx5s, a lot of ek4s, all the crxs.
You can compare my time here

This is my uncle driving a few laps

And here's an onboard video
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgvbJ1aq5QE"][/YOUTUBE]
And here's a summary of the day. You can see me a few times passing cars, checking time board.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L88qvCZs8OQ"][/YOUTUBE]

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Nice!!!

Now about your sig. I'm not going to get spammed for reading this thread am I? :nono:

... Because I personally prefer the old way of earning $422/Hr. I know I know... I'm old school

lutherking92

No you won't get spammed don't worry. It's just a new thing I started, so I placed a small ad. But the site is not spammy.