1997 DX Coupe build thread

dorcus

Old f**ker
5+ Year Member
yes, yes it is. I'll get it painted at some point but right now there is no way I can afford it.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm probably spraying mine charcoal. Nice job though. It looks nice.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not bad for a can job. could try wet sanding and buffing it?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice photoshop. My parents aren't gonna let me spray my car myself, so I have to take it to MAACO. :/

dorcus

Old f**ker
5+ Year Member
I don't really want it to look too great on the outside yet, civics disappear a lot in this town.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha. You're right. I heard cars have been getting broken into in my neighborhood lately, better watch what I put in there.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol making it look nice later with stuff done wont be any better

dorcus

Old f**ker
5+ Year Member
lol making it look nice later with stuff done wont be any better
I agree, but at least then I'll have taken measures of defense against the thieves. IE Alarm, kill switches etc etc...

Till I have some of that done, I'd prefer it to look like crap

dorcus

Old f**ker
5+ Year Member
OK so it's been forever since I updated this, so what I have done since last time is as follows; Cold air intake, fog lights, tinted the head lights and tails a little, and white Slips. I will take pictures tomorrow when the light is good.

I found out I have moderate oil leaks, I'm too lazy to change my own oil when it's so cheap to let someone else do it for me. When it gets warm, I plan on scrubbing the entire engine and trying to find these leaks, hopefully it's just a valve cover gasket or something as easy.

Also been having trouble with my wipers. they wouldn't shut off, so I changed the bad switch, didn't help. I ended up hitting the wiper motor with a hammer, and it kinda works. I have off, low, high but no intermediate and the blades don't go to the rest position, they just stop where they are when you shut them off. I'll figure it out at some point.

I just ordered F&F type 1's, so as soon as they get here I'll throw them on as well.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice build man, i like how the car is turning out...

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eh not bad. not a huge fan of tinted headlights but overall not bad. tuck that bay! or atleast clean it up a little. but goodjob

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just read the thread man... WOW you learned your stuff pretty quick for being a noob lol...

I had those headlights years ago! The do the job but getting stock ones will help....

Gotta tuck those wires, at least the ones you added... Looks great really it does...

As far as the oil leaks... I would change your Distributor O-Ring, that is a VERY common leak and under 5.00 to fix.

As far as the tails... I would PERSONALLY go darker... To me it's either no tint or Blacked out... That's just me though...

The headlights look better tinted I think...

You should get some Xentec HID's for the fogs and headlights I think that will look killer

Also the F&F coil overs GOOD CHOICE

Make sure once they are installed (BY YOU?) that you get an alignment, a lot of people don't do that and it messes things up... How low? If more than 1.5 in you will need some camber correction, you made need to do the Washer Trick in the rear and get some adjustable Camber kit for up front....

Good luck I am in for MOOOORE

dorcus

Old f**ker
5+ Year Member
The fogs came with HID's, it's just so bright out you can't really tell. I was thinking about going darker with the tails, and I agree that the head lights look better tinted. I will get around to tucking the bay once it gets warmer out, I hate working in the cold.

For the money and the reviews, you can't beat the F&F's. I'll see how they ride once I put them on. I don't know how much I want to drop yet, but an alignment is a must.

Thanks all for the encouraging words, as I learn about my car.

CBURKE

"That's not my LEG"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You should start looking for a Y8 or Z6 intake manifold and lose that stock one! Pretty easy and cheep find!