1997 honda civic ex built ls/4.7fd 4,300 obo lower ny

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Little back round of the car. Ive owned it since I was in high school and im now 23. I painted the car about 4 years ago with Dupont Nason paint. It had a killer SOHC turbo setup back in the day but was parted it out to build a HPDE/time attack/autox oriented car thats still easy to drive on the streets. I started this build in the end of last year. This was my pride and joy up until recently. I basically just lost interest and I dont feel like paying for 2 cars anymore. I was going to sell my other car and keep this one but my other one gets better gas mileage. Im a delivery boy and college student so any money I save is good. Ive spent a good chunk of change on these parts. A good amount of them are new. Ive taken everything into consideration and am looking for $4,300 OBO. I will negotiate but please dont waste both of our time with low offers. Not looking to trade or part out. Will take $3,800 obo without rims and on steel rims. $3700 obo if you bring your own steelies. Call/text 914 843 6737. Car is available for viewing from 4pm-9pm mon-fri and anytime on weekends. DONT SHOW UP LOOKING TO TEST DRIVE WITHOUT MONEY. Im not letting random people joyride my car without knowing you can afford it. located in 10605

DYNO VIDS
All motor dyno march 28 - YouTube
ALL MOTOR DYNO March 28 2 - YouTube

Car is a 1997 Honda Civic EX. Just hit 170,300 miles. The bottom end had close to 5,000 miles when I bought it. The head had 39,000 miles. Ive put about 6,000 miles on both. This motor is still very new. I have been using it on deliveries for about 2 months and its very reliable. It is a high compression motor so it only sees 93 octane. Motor has only seen synthetic motor oil since ive owned it. Transmission has only seen Penzoil Scynromesh. Parked in the garage most of the time. Waxed every 3-4 months.

Motor-
1996 Integra LS motor NON VTEC motor
I have correct paperwork proving the motor was purchased legally and everything is legit.
OEM Honda 99-00 SI B16 pistons
Shot peened LS rods.
Arp headstuds
Gude Performance stage 2 head package.
Head milled .002
Gude stage 2 camshafts
AEM Cam gears
Gude springs valves retainers
Gude ported intake manifold
Gude ported throttle body
3" intake system with (new intake filter-may11)
Megan racing header
Avid racing torque mounts
2.25inch exhaust system with 2 resonators and Dynomax super turbo muffler (sleeper/quiet)
Exedy clutch with Fidanza flywheel.
Comes with the rare 98-01 ITR 4.7 FD trans with LSD and LS 5th gear
GSR shifter
A/C was kept
Stepdown harness with Chipped p28
Walbro 255lph pump
Made 177WHP tuned by Xenocron.

Mugen front lip
CTR rear lip
EK9 sidemarkers
Painted headlight housings with city lights
3k HID yellow square foglights
8k HID headlights
15' Rota circuit 8s wrapped with Dunlop Dirrezza star specs.
Autometer oil pressure gauge
Autometer air/fuel gauge
Autometer shift light
Pioneer head unit with IPOD hookup
Pioneer speakers all around

23mm rear sway bar
Blox rear sway bar endlinks
ASR brace
Megan racing front upper strut bar
Megan racing rear upper strut bar

GOOD
Clean title
13.9 @ 96 mph in the quarter mile on slicks.
25mpg average mostly city drivin while shifting at 3k.
Just passed emissions 4 months ago.
In my opinion made a good amount of power. 177 WHEEL hp is very respectable for a NON VTEC. ITR swaps make about the same.
Has a nice wide power band. Lots of torque (for a Honda)
Short geared acceleration with limited slip
Its very sneaky. It appears to be a stock LS with I/H/E.
Tons of new parts.
New distributor(Jan11)
New head/oilpan/valve cover gasket(Jan11)
New upper and lower radiator hoses (jan11)
New thermostat(jan11)
New fuel filter (jan11)
New o2 sensor (jan11)
New inner/outer/boots tierods (jan11)
New lower ball joint(jan11)
New exhaust system (jan11)
New spark plug wires (jan11) and spark plugs (april11)
New passenger side axle(Jan11)
New battery (jan11)
New alternator(July11)
New starter(March11)
New brake pads/rotors/brake fluid(march11)
New Dunlop Dirrezza tires(april 11)
New muffler (June11)
New Vibrant resonator (June11)

BAD
-The ball joint that was replaced makes a squeaky noise randomly. Sometimes wont happen for weeks. Autozone part. Go figure.
-Little rock chips on the front of the car. Mostly on the front lip and the hood. Front bumper was painted a couple months ago so it looks good. Car does have some dings and scratches. Overall, id give the body a 7.5-8/10. Drivers seat has had a rip in it since I bought it.
-Small oil leak from the oil pan gasket. I might have forgot to tighten a nut because its right above the header. I just noticed this a couple days ago.
-Stock suspension.

Car hasnt been washed in 2 weeks. I will wash it before you come see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.