1998 Civic Lx Exhaust leak

CanyonCoolMan

I started to notice a couple weeks ago that if you rev the engine you start to get a smell of gas that is really strong. I would also notice white smoke coming out from under the hood. I decided to test it at my house with a camera to see where the problem is coming from. I'm still not sure what the issue is so that's why I'm here. I am wondering what the issue is and how it can be solved. Here is a link to the video I took.

jackdog1

I started to notice a couple weeks ago that if you rev the engine you start to get a smell of gas that is really strong. I would also notice white smoke coming out from under the hood. I decided to test it at my house with a camera to see where the problem is coming from. I'm still not sure what the issue is so that's why I'm here. I am wondering what the issue is and how it can be solved. Here is a link to the video I took.
Most likely your exhaust manifold is cracked or the gasket is busted, this would cause your O2 sensor to read incorrectly and run the mix rich (smell of gas fumes).

jackdog1

Unbolt the heat shield and see if there are any cracks or gaps around where the manifold is mounted to the head, but you most likely have to replace the exhaust manifold and, with it, the O2 sensor (you'll NEVER get it out of the old manifold).