1998 Civic sedan dx ( i need your input!)

98civickid

5+ Year Member
Hey guys im new to this website. I had been on hondacivicforum and then found out about this forum. i have been reading up a lot on motor swap's and or turbo. i have the stock motor in my sedan dx and would like some opinions on what to do. i have a mind set where i want to get more power out of it but also improve handling and go for that clean look. so my options are turbo the d series, drop in a b18, or do a mini me swap. Right now im leaning more towards mini- me swap so i can have the majority of the money to get it looking clean. if anybody could help me with any inputs, ideas for power or exterior, or any guiding light lol that would be great thanks guys
and just to help you guys out my budget is about 4000 to 4500

thanks again everybody
:what:

KWH924

5+ Year Member
With that much you could swap to a b-series and get some clean JDM parts

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you'll hate yourself in the future if you do a mini me on that budget. =]

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how much faster do you want to be??a turbo d will do just fine..

98civickid

5+ Year Member
well i want to be pushing around 200 or close to it and ive read up and a turbo sounds like the way to go. is there anywhere i could find a complete setup. is it worth doign that or just peicing it together? im not exactly sure about every little peice i would need thats why im looking for a complete or nearly complete kit... anybody got a d series turbo setup? how do you like it? and im thinking to either turbo it or get coilovers for the first step... what you guys think?

thanks again

98civickid

5+ Year Member
well okay so maybe not 200 but i have a 4000 to 4500 range ive looked and thats quite a bit to have to spend on a turbo if you go and read the thread about everyones turbo's you'll see that people have made 200 with under 4000 but i think its doable if you get the right internals exhaust and turbo setup

MadPeach* 98 Lx

5+ Year Member
off topic but i cant figure out how to upload pics for my car i browse and click open once i find the picture i want but when i view my garage nothing shows up.. HELP PLEASE.. and also my buddy put a turbo on his ex and it flies its definetly worth doing

98civickid

5+ Year Member
yea dude i got the same problem i cant figure out how to put pictures on. and yea im pretty sure thats what im gonna do lol gonna be cruizin

99SiTR

5+ Year Member
4-4.5k is more than enough to boost your single slam and make over 200whp. You an also pics up an ls longblock for around 7-8 hundred find a tranny off someone and put some nitrous on it. Still make it safe and last and have some cash left over. You just have to know where to look. GL with everything and let us know what you decide to do....

99SiTR

5+ Year Member
heres a couple of pics of a buddy of mines sedan, has an ls swap and for sale too. Maybe it will give you some ideas...

98civickid

5+ Year Member
thats a sick sedan dude... how much has he got into that? thats what im trying to accomplish but without the European plastic bumber moldings =) how much is he asking for it?

98civickid

5+ Year Member
so i take it your going to the UCONN meet? well thats not that far away i got some family down there. i think we need to get all the east coater's together over the summer somewhere. gotta get more people into you got any pictures of your sedan? if you do post em up... anybody with a sedan post em if you got em need ideas

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Save up, fins a cheap b18, i/h/e then work on the apperance. My buddy did a b18 vtec swap in his car and when all was said and done he had about 2k into it, it all depends on what you can find. Just be patient and dont jump on the first thing you see.

98civickid

5+ Year Member
yea im deff not gonna go out and buy something just because its cheap or something i want quality not cheap s**t that might break then again anything can break but im on staying with the d series i like my women with d's not b's cant deny it and i love the reliability of the good ol' d series but my plan now is to boost it.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
d15b then, great d series and great for boost, just buy my car its under your budget lol.