1998 civic spark plugs

Joshs civic e-j

so for my honda d 16 im planning to get new spark plugs...can u belive they are the stock ones...!!! dam.. anyway im willing to spend double the price for sum good n.g.k iridium ones..i want ur input on the best brand (for the car 98 civic no vteck 1.6)and the most power..and are the ones with 4 tips better?sum friends say they mess up ur engine

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would just do ngk or bosch platinum :what:

Also change cap, rotor, and new plug wires while ur at it since theyre probably the original ones as well...

James315

honestly you wont gain anything from using an iridium plug like said above just use ngk or bosch platinums. the iridiums burn too hot and will not last as long and there is no performance improvement.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oem is ngk, use those, give the part number on them to the guy at your local auto parts store, he will give you an exact replacement for them. as far as a cap and rotor, try to get an OEM one, i do not like the quality of the rebuilds that national chains sell. but to answer your question yes i can believe that they are oem, lay honda owners have a drive it till its a pile then sell it to some kid who thinks they got a great deal mentality.