1998 Hatch SRS light problem

MotorMo

Respected
Sweet! Glad you got your SRS situated. Thanks for the added info and pictures. Glad I got a chance to learn about this.

MotorMo

Respected
Found out that Honda part number does not exist in the US Honda catalog. The only ones left (talking to a Canadian Honda dealership) was in Toronto- and they do not ship internationally to the US.
This left me to my own devices, and I found a way to bypass my own passenger side airbag using common parts.
Funny thing- the SRS connector on the airbag side has an internal electrical shorting device that makes contact with the two spades in the connector when diconected from the SRS harness. This changes the overall resistance value of airbag circuit.
This is what I found to work to fool the SRS brain:
-If using the airbag connector to cut and sotter some resistors to, you need a 2.2 ohm resistor.
-I not using the airbag connector and simply installing resistors to the SRS harness, you only need a 1.1 ohm resistor.
Used generic resistors found at Radio Shack, and installed them on my "cut" airbag connector using "naked" butt connectors, melting sotter inside and heat shrink tubing for longevity.

MotorMo

Respected
Actually, I installed a dash that I scored from Europe (LHD) that never had the airbag "square" cut out. Now I can have my cake and eat it too. Thanks for the motivation to finish that end of my project :beer:

MotorMo

Respected
Just that- it's a big vent haha. USDM never had this option, but it all bolted up and functioned as designed. My EJ6 had the plastic molding under the dash to accept the center vent. Its helps with the window defrost a good bit.