1998 Honda Civic Coupe EJ8/EX

Nikhail

Hey guys i recently bought a 1998 Honda Civic Coupe VTI EJ8/EX and was wondering whether would a EK series-1 front bumper and front side fenders fit on my car? I'm new to the whole honda game and i head you guys are probably the best forum for beginner so please bestow your wisdom upon me.

Ice Cream Kid

I'm not 100% sure what your question here is, but as far as I know the whole front end of the coupe/sedan/hatch from the years 96-00 are identical, and the ej and ek are both 96-00 sooo...I think you're good?

Ice Cream Kid

Technically they're different, but the way I took it he's doing a whole front end swap. If it's just the bumper and fenders, no, you'll need new headlights, but if you do everything it should just bolt up fine right?

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Technically they're different, but the way I took it he's doing a whole front end swap. If it's just the bumper and fenders, no, you'll need new headlights, but if you do everything it should just bolt up fine right?
Nope I think he'll also need a radiator support as well so everything would bolt up.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nope I think he'll also need a radiator support as well so everything would bolt up.
There's tabs sticking off the front of the support you can cut off. I think it ends up doing away with the mount points between the grill and head lights though, so it's up to you. Honestly, I never had an issue with my bumper falling off and it's a lot cheaper than cutting the old on off and welding a new one on. I did it on my 96 and bolted a 99 Si front end to it.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's not the bumper falling that I'd have an issue with it would be the fitment issues you'd probably have.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's not the bumper falling that I'd have an issue with it would be the fitment issues you'd probably have.
My car when I sold it, with a standard 2000 front end, cut tabs on the 96 raddy support.

Cut tabs

Also forgot, inside top bolt hole on the 99-00 headlights will not line up either, but the inside (behind the grill), outer (behind the fender), and the top outer will line up.

Really up to you what trade off you go with. Personally, I didn't want to cut off the support and have the guy welding it back on to mess it up even a little bit. Honestly, if you're cutting it off, might as well just chop off the tabs first and bolt it together and see how you like it. Of course, if you're just awesome at maintaining structural integrity while cutting \ grinding \ welding, I say go to town. I knew I'd botch it though.