1998 Honda Civic LX Sedan Problems...

adamsciviclx92

new to this forum, found it on google.

to start off, i have a 1998 honda civic lx sedan, 5 speed standard with about 240xxx km on it. my very first car and i learned to drive a standard by myself on it. a few months ago, i noticed a slight clicking sound whenever i would come to a stop and turn left. i was told it was probably my cv axle (passenger side). i didn't really worry much about it as it was the winter and it didn't seem very bad at the time. over the past little while i noticed it is getting really bad and i can tell it is in desperate need of replacing. it has started to cause my driver side cv axle (when i am turning right) to start to click. anyways, i work full time at a minimum wage job so money is a bit tight. i have considered replacing it myself but i don't really know much about it and would rather let someone with more knowledge about it replace it.

a few other problems that have only started recently....

when i am braking my steering wheel shakes, almost vibrates. when i turn left or right sharply my oil light turns on, then goes off when i complete the turn. i still have my studded winter tires on (i know, it's almost june) but i couldn't really afford to get a set of tires for the summer put on yet. i bought this car in october and the car came with a set of falken summer tires but they are pretty much bald, so i feel like it's safer to keep the studded winters on until i can afford to get a new set (next week or so). i'm almost wondering if the steering wheel vibration is because of the studded winters on pavement, or if it is a completely different problem. maybe the brakes? even though there were new rotors and pads put on last summer. what do you think?

i feel like my car is falling apart and i'm not really sure what to do. i would really like to keep it but i feel almost unsafe everytime i drive it, like i'm not sure if the tire will fall off... some days i just want to sell it as is but i would really like to fix whats wrong with it first, and then decide if i want to sell it. i would really like your guys opinions on what to do. i know these cars are unbelievably reliable. (it started every single morning last winter with no block heater. -40 celsius) i know it's a really good car it just needs some tlc... i just want it to be a safe car and to be running the way its suppose to run. give me your guys opinion and thanks for the help!

rob-

your car is fine id adress the axle asap very easy to fix the get some new tires and then c if car still shakes ........