1999/2000 OEM SI Rear Sway Bar Questions

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So I searched and I just want to confirm some information I've read. I have a 99 EX coupe and I'm aware that the LCA's should be pre-drilled and ready for an OEM sway bar to be bolted up to it.

I'm also aware that I'll need the bar, D brackets, SI endlinks (NOT gsr) and the various washers and bolts.

My questions are:
1) Would someone care to further explain everything I need in detail? Pictures would be even better than words.

2) Maybe I'm just absolutely retarded but what are the D brackets? In some threads I found, certain D brackets only worked with certain applications. I don't want to be stuck with the wrong hardware.

3) Anything else I should know before buying and installing? I don't plan on hardcore track/auto-x so I do not want an ITR/CTR/aftermarket 22mm+ sway bar nor do I want/need an ASR brace.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1: I think you already know everything you need.

2: Dlink or D brackets are the brackets that goes over the bushing and holds the bar to the frame also for the applications, just get the oem brackets that would fit the bushings. say u go with the Si sway, get the brackets from an Si .........dur lol

3: You should be all good.

Good luck brudda, hope this helps

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

I just wanted to double check to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I always like to be ahead of myself before going about things.

And now too bad I'll be getting replies over on H-T from people saying that just a sway bar will make no difference at all. Someone already did so :???:.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
And now too bad I'll be getting replies over on H-T from people saying that just a sway bar will make no difference at all. Someone already did so :???:.

LOL I just checked your H-T thread, thats PEARLelectron from here, who got banned for fighting.

si does make a difference :thumbup:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ahhhh sk8 I was hoping you'd step in ;). And yeah H-T just...wow. But whatever. I know it does, especially from personally driving a car so nothing no one will say can and will change my desire of wanting one.

Now that you're here, I was actually going to PM you but I figured I'd ask in the thread as a side question. I recall that you already stated this before but couldn't find the post under your username. But what size drill bit did you use to install the OEM SI front strut bar? And what size/length nuts? I want one of those too.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
Ahhhh sk8 I was hoping you'd step in ;). And yeah H-T just...wow. But whatever. I know it does, especially from personally driving a car so nothing no one will say can and will change my desire of wanting one.

Now that you're here, I was actually going to PM you but I figured I'd ask in the thread as a side question. I recall that you already stated this before but couldn't find the post under your username. But what size drill bit did you use to install the OEM SI front strut bar? And what size/length nuts? I want one of those too.
Well, I dont remember the size off hand. I believe what I did was just take the largest size drill bit that fit through the holes on the si bar, lined up the bar and drilled... I think theres engraved parts on the chassis too (so you know where to drill). Then when all four holes where drilled, your ready for some mad bolt action. I just put a bolt up (from the wheel well - you may have to take a tire off) and then put a nut on it (on the si bar side). I think I also used some lock washers. Did that for all four and tightened em up. Hope that helps.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah I'm aware there are dimples on the shock tower to show where to drill. :thumbs up thanks mang.

But getting back on topic, is there anything else I'm missing? I know I should probably also go with a poly bushing set for the sway but that's just a lot of money for a few pieces of polyurethane. Perhaps in the future.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
Yeah I'm aware there are dimples on the shock tower to show where to drill. :thumbs up thanks mang.

But getting back on topic, is there anything else I'm missing? I know I should probably also go with a poly bushing set for the sway but that's just a lot of money for a few pieces of polyurethane. Perhaps in the future.
Nah bro your fine. Haha you always seem to get so nervous when it comes down to doing stuff to your car. Dont be. Dont get me wrong, we are here to help, you have to be a strapping young lad yourself :thumbup:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well it's not that I'm nervous, I just like double checking with other people that actually know about the stuff I want before going about it. Just being cautious ;). Thanks again.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dang, I didnt know u needed to drill holes...i thought the oem lcas already had'em haha.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CMRdevelopment said:
Dang, I didnt know u needed to drill holes...i thought the oem lcas already had'em haha.
They do :what:

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
then whats with all the drilling for again? i dont understand when i read through what u guys said when u said something about that.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CMRdevelopment said:
then whats with all the drilling for again? i dont understand when i read through what u guys said when u said something about that.
we were referring to the OEM si FRONT strut tower bar. On non-si models, you have to drill through the strut tower in order to secure it.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yep yep. But lucky for us, there are dimples that are put there already for you so you know exactly where to drill :thumbs up.

And you also do have to drill the LCA's or swap them out on certain models don't you? I just can't remember which (just woke up from a 2 hour nap).

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
And you also do have to drill the LCA's or swap them out on certain models don't you? I just can't remember which (just woke up from a 2 hour nap).
nope, shouldnt have to drill / swap for any of the models

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh well then. I stand corrected sire :cool:.

jonyg98civicex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
soo you do NOT have to drill holes for the REAR sway bar, but you have to dril holes for the front sway bar

correct?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jonyg98civicex said:
soo you do NOT have to drill holes for the REAR sway bar, but you have to dril holes for the front sway bar

correct?
Correct, but we were referring to the front STRUT tower bar. The front sway bar is a whole different thing.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
freakin sk8shorty answering all the suspension questions :roll: :lol: