1999-2000 Si production numbers (by color)

zoops

Autocross whore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know this has been debated across many forums for awhile.. but on the EM1 Crew topic on honda-tech I think we've finally figured it out. Here's what the US production numbers boil down to:

1999 (1/2 a year of production):
2500 MR
2500 FBP
5000 EBP

2000:
5000 MR
5000 FBP
10000 EBP

Mods can feel free to delete this topic and assimilate it into one of the stickies on this board. I've just always wondered about this info for a long time, and I figured other people would like to see the accurate data (compiled from various sources).

ryanM

wow, good info :thumbs up

people always say that ebp was the rarest color for em1's . but i guess not.

and only 30k si's makes me sad. im sure a lot of them are totaled and i still wanna own one someday even tho my car will eat them alive in every way once im done with it :twisted:

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would trade my car for a bone stock si

edit- o and that is good info right there

DjTripp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah that is good info. I also thought that ebp was the rarest color, boy was I wrong.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
exactly why my EM1 is now championship white, well that and the previous owner changed it from EBP to NEON GREEN (homo) lol

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
exactly why my EM1 is now championship white, well that and the previous owner changed it from EBP to NEON GREEN (homo) lol
NEON GREEN?? :hitlol::hitlol::hitlol:

turboex17

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FBP si right here, I’m holding on to it for as long as I can. Right now it's stock except for a drop and sometimes I debate moding the engine because I know if I mess it up it will be hard to find another one. I really wanted a red one but it was damn near impossible to find a stock one when I was looking but am very happy with my black one and now wouldn't trade it for another. Great find

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so my fbp em1 is twice as rare as an ebp em1? i always thought it was the other way around, cool.

zoops

Autocross whore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A cursory look through Autotrader shows a much larger percentage of EBP Si's for sale than the other two cars. This is, of course, assuming that the owner of each color is just as likely to sell his car as the owner of any other color.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how can u guys think that ebp was the rarest of the si's...lol thats all i see...
if i see 10 si's a day...8 or 9 of them will be blue...:what:

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blazed said:
how can u guys think that ebp was the rarest of the si's...lol thats all i see...
Or do they just stand out more becase of the color? I've noticed the Milano Red and FBP em1s are less noticable, they just blend in. Sometimes I will have to get a second look in order to tell it from the other variations of the Civic.

It's just like the Pheonix Yellow ITR vs its FBP? brother, you hardly see any black ITR do you?

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SiGSR said:
Or do they just stand out more becase of the color? I've noticed the Milano Red and FBP em1s are less noticable, they just blend in. Sometimes I will have to get a second look in order to tell it from the other variations of the Civic.

It's just like the Pheonix Yellow ITR vs its FBP? brother, you hardly see any black ITR do you?
haha..different people are different i guess...
some of us can tell at a glance a si from a regular civic..and a gsr or rs or gs painted to look like an itrr vs a real itr...SPECIALLY the black ones :drool:

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea I dont find the ebp rare at all. the mr is the one I barely see

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
same thing I was thinking :what:

with this info that I just found out, it gives me the right to raise the asking price once I decide to sell it :lol:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
around here where i live Si's are rare. ive lived here for almost 21 years and as far as i know there are only about 6 or 8 other si's in the county. its uncommon to see more than one a week. now when i comes to ITR's, i have seen 3 in my life around here, 2 of them may have been the same one, and they were all yellow. i dont know what my point is, just my 2 cents