1999 civic ex

towncarblue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:D im looking into buying a 1999 civic ex 2-door. i would like to check the engine codes . i did a search but found nothing . if anyone has a link please post

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
d16y8. All of us dseries bastards...

towncarblue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the info . i meant the check engine codes. how do i check em, do i need a tool or can i do it without it?

2GCIVI

4 show till tickets go
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you need a computer for your car, check with your import shop or auto zone

CPCivic03

HoNdA PrOjEcT
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you go to passanger side kick panel and raise up the carpet u sould see your ecu. and above your ECU there will be a lil plug. iIts grey. with 2 wires coming out of it. One wire is black with a white stripe and the other is a red with a black strip.. I take a spare piece of thin speaker wire and cut off both ends so that the actual copper of the wire is showion on both ends. i twist up both ends so that they are in a nice point. stick one end of the wire into the fist socket on the plug. The other end of the wire into the other socket. Turn your key to the ON position.. dont start your car. just to the ON position. Watch your check engine light on your cluster. it will flash.. 1 long flash is 10. the quick flashes are one. so if ur CEL goes !.....!!! that is a code 13. !....!....!!!!! code 25. then take the code #'s and hop on this thread and see what it is. i hope i could help you all.

Compliments of Honda-Tech

2GCIVI

4 show till tickets go
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CPCivic03 said:
If you go to passanger side kick panel and raise up the carpet u sould see your ecu. and above your ECU there will be a lil plug. iIts grey. with 2 wires coming out of it. One wire is black with a white stripe and the other is a red with a black strip.. I take a spare piece of thin speaker wire and cut off both ends so that the actual copper of the wire is showion on both ends. i twist up both ends so that they are in a nice point. stick one end of the wire into the fist socket on the plug. The other end of the wire into the other socket. Turn your key to the ON position.. dont start your car. just to the ON position. Watch your check engine light on your cluster. it will flash.. 1 long flash is 10. the quick flashes are one. so if ur CEL goes !.....!!! that is a code 13. !....!....!!!!! code 25. then take the code #'s and hop on this thread and see what it is. i hope i could help you all.

Compliments of Honda-Tech
probably the best information I have ever found up here. Not my thread but thanks for the info

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I keep opening this thread cuz I always think someone is posting their ride.....

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^yeah man i was waiting to see some pics...

SpitfireEX

He lives in my closet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AEM EJ1tuner said:
d16y8. All of us dseries bastards...
yeah all of you bastards and your single cams...
lol playin i used to have a 00 ex and the only thing i didnt like was the engine i loved that car