1999 Honda Civic Si Build.

Stowers74

I may have to look into turbo ing it within the next year. And ImportFan, thumbs up on the avitar picture. Its Fight Club isn't it? And would it be possible to have two different tunes? Like one that's gas friendly, and one thatll put out some power? Like to where you could switch between the two from inside the car?

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know this is possible but i think you might only be able to do that with full standalone systems

Stowers74

Turboing it is decently far in the future, so ill hold off on it lol. So does anybody know what is causing my windows to screw up? The PO told me that he had put 2 regulators and motors from Autozone in it and an original OEM honda one, all 3 messed up. could it be something electrical causing it? a fuse maybe?

Stowers74

Anybody know where I can get a new window run channel that isnt from Honda directly? They can get somewhat expensive from a dealer and Im not wanting to spend $100 on it. I called my local junk yard and they had them about the same price as a honda dealer.. I've heard that you can get them from ebay pretty cheap, but I didnt see any for sale on it.. Any suggestions?

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
The car is a 99 and just now needs replaced. Fork out the cash and don't worry about it for another 14 years.

Stowers74

The PO told me he replaced the motor/regulator 4 times in the year he owned it but never the run channels. I ended up ordering the $90 on from Honda and it should be in around Friday I believe. I'm also going to end up trying to mess around with the torque point to see if I can get more tension on the front half of the window so it'll go up without falling off

Stowers74

Ok, so tonight was the first night I've had free to work on it, and I fixed both windows. I picked up a new window run Channel from Honda for like $90 and put it in and lubed it up (I used pneumatic oil, guys on the Honda forums said to use it) it still fell off going down.. So I took the regulator out and noticed there was a bend in the part that was supposed to be stationary and it was causing the front to sag down a bit.. So I hit it... With a hammer.. Multiple times. It worked though. So I put it back in and it worked perfectly. I bought new fuses for the passengers side because it was blown. I lubed the other run channel up and it works fine now. I finally got it fixed haha. Now, time to start saving for a sound system.

Stowers74

Ok, it's been a while since I've been on her, here. I fixed the Windows, but I've run into a new problem... It blows fuses like no other car I've seen.. the passenger side window control on the drivers side blows instantly, the passengers side window control blows after about 2 uses, and the backlight in the cluster goes out in like 10 minutes of driving time... I'll be reworking the bad spots in the wiring when I get out of school for summer...

But I've also bought a few things I need for the sound system... I bought an Alpine Double DIN head unit, literally the sickest thing I've bought in a while lol. It was a $700 head unit and when I ask the guys at best buy to go in the back and grab me one they said that they were out but they'd sell me the one on display... I only ended up paying $344 after tax.

Here's a website that shows some of its features:
http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ive-w535hd/

Here's a pic of it:

Stowers74

I also bought two Sundown Audio E-10's with upgraded coils off of a guy I work with. They've got maybe three weeks of playtime and are in perfect shape. (He had 10 of these things walled off in the back of a dodge status with a 4th order ban pass lol, it was great.) They were about $210 a piece from sundown and I got them for like $70 a piece off the guy I work with.

Here's a pic of them:

More to come ... soon.... very soon...