1lowcoupes coupe build thread.

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well i thought it was about time i posted some things i've been doing to my car lately.
A couple weeks ago i did a full engine bay wire tuck, although you can't see it too clearly in the pics.
And i know, i need to clean my engine.
Last night i picked up a wrecked 93 coupe, turbo, automatic.
Heres a list of all the parts i found on the car

Greddy Turbo manifold
Greddy o2 housing
Greddy downpipe
Greddy charge pipes
Greddy TD04 15g turbo
AEM fuel rail & fuel psi. regulator
BBK 62mm TB
and lastly some sort of weird e-manage that i've never seen before.. theres not even any USB ports?

picked everything up for 500 bucks :shock:

he also gave me the tokico illumia's and springs which i still have to take off, just waiting to get my torches set up in my garage so i don't break the bolts in the LCA bushings.

Here's the pics.

does anyone have any experience with one of these venom 400 boxes?
i dont know anything about it, so someone please school me.

i'm not sure if this is some old ass version of e-manage or what, but it doesn't look normal to me.

AEM wideband uego & boost gauge already in my coupe.

Cliffs: got a sweet deal on some turbo stuff

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice pick up... gl on the project

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think the venom 400 was a gay ass way to "control" vtec not too sure on that one. the greddy emang. is an old version of it, how much shaft play does your turbo have, it would seem like that it could have a lot of miles on the turbo.

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there's no shaft play, the guy who originally built the car built it for his wife and i don't think she ever beat on it, i don't even think the car itself has 100k on it. i took the day off of school and went up to home depo to pick up a 1/2 T fitting for my oil pres. gauge and oil feed.. i'm going to put that in then weld the wideband o2 bung into the downpipe. the rest is mainly bolt on because i already have the pan with a fitting welded on for the oil return. should be done tonight.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
awesome pickup $500 thats a steal...gl with the build man

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got it all together tonight with the help of a couple friends.. its 6psi but pulls good, i need to turn it to 8psi
Im gonna start looking for an EX tranny and a stage 3 clutch of some sort cause it just slips in 2nd
due to it being a 1.5 trans with a super long second gear.
The wideband reads in the 10's for A/F ratio when its in open loop, and in the high 13's closed loop.
hard on the throttle is high 10's low 11's. i need to get it tuned but at least i know its not going to blow up.
i'll have pics up tomorrow once i clean my garage and stuff