2.5 Mile drop..

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks awesome, and I lol'd at some reply's.

Answer me this......what if you guys jumped out and he whispered in your ear "youre going to take the butt-seks the whole way down, or Im unclipping you from the harness."
HAHAHAHA

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ that quote is sig worthy. :lol:

Looks fun OP. Get a vid uppp. I'm scared as hell to even ride a rollercoaster. Soooo, i wanna see this on a video, not in real person.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
will try to upload the video a little later.. you really don't have time to be "scared" and it actually isn't really scary at all.. the thought goes into my head kind of like this.. the parachute will open.. or it wont.. if it does it will be one hell of a ride.. if it doesn't well then I likely won't even feel it.. lol

Voltio

formerly known as FAN8228
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Girlish as in feminine? Or girlish as in young girl you want to lure into your van?
:rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

OC :thumbs up

Sky diving is on my list of things to do. I have no problem jumping out of a perfectly good plane... it's no more dangerous than getting on the highway every morning with woman drivers :oh:

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think i would have been crying the entire way down. Really, no, really.

I hate planes as well. I think the only way I could jump is if The plane was going down, and I didnt think at all.. just a natrual reaction type of thing. No way could I do it for pleasure. Looks like fun.. in a way though! props to you op.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think i would have been crying the entire way down. Really, no, really.

I hate planes as well. I think the only way I could jump is if The plane was going down, and I didnt think at all.. just a natrual reaction type of thing. No way could I do it for pleasure. Looks like fun.. in a way though! props to you op.

well the only thing looking back on it is this.. until you do it.. you can not even imagine what 13000+ foot drop is like.. and then once you fall out of the plane you are traveling towards the earth at 120+ mph.. so yeah it is pretty intense.. but honestly.. once you are out the plane headed down.. the thought of dying was completely gone.. instead my mind was filled with how amazing it all was.. and then once the parachute deployed and I was allowed to control it.. it was even cooler... the ONLY part that didnt sit well with me was the 120mph to SLOW speed when the chute deployed.. it made my stomach feel a little eh.. but besides that it was GREAT.. will definitely do it again at some point...

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well the only thing looking back on it is this.. until you do it.. you can not even imagine what 13000+ foot drop is like.. and then once you fall out of the plane you are traveling towards the earth at 120+ mph.. so yeah it is pretty intense.. but honestly.. once you are out the plane headed down.. the thought of dying was completely gone.. instead my mind was filled with how amazing it all was.. and then once the parachute deployed and I was allowed to control it.. it was even cooler... the ONLY part that didnt sit well with me was the 120mph to SLOW speed when the chute deployed.. it made my stomach feel a little eh.. but besides that it was GREAT.. will definitely do it again at some point...
Thats amazing man! I can only imagine how slow it is from 120 lol. Was the landing hard? I heard that sometimes its still very hard and you risk breaking something.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This is on my list of things to do before I die... I REALLY want to do this. I'd do it every weekend if I could afford it. It just looks like such a rush.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats amazing man! I can only imagine how slow it is from 120 lol. Was the landing hard? I heard that sometimes its still very hard and you risk breaking something.
landed on my feet and took about 3 steps forward.. no drama ... no fuss... actually very soft landing.. :cool:

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just estimated that you free fell for about 45 seconds based height and speed that you gave us. I'm still trying to double check it since if you were off +/- 5mph, it would be an error of +/- 2 seconds

On another note, skydiving is on my to do list within the next 5 years

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just estimated that you free fell for about 45 seconds based height and speed that you gave us. I'm still trying to double check it since if you were off +/- 5mph, it would be an error of +/- 2 seconds

On another note, skydiving is on my to do list within the next 5 years
the figure that they give out is roughly 60 seconds... you have to remember it is a max speed of 120+ mph but you have to build to that point... so it is not like INSTANTLY 120... ;)

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the figure that they give out is roughly 60 seconds... you have to remember it is a max speed of 120+ mph but you have to build to that point... so it is not like INSTANTLY 120... ;)
yes which is the difference between their figure and my estimate. I didn't calculate the acceleration, just the instant speed. I actually thought of this while I was painting a house earlier that I was wrong lol.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
S = 1/2 * a *t^2

So approximately 52 seconds?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ Of course the Asian pops in here with the correct mathematical formula. :lol:

Just f**kin with ya John :P

Anthony, did you get that weird dropping feeling in your stomach / balls (I swear I get that s**t right in the man jewels, people tell me it's in the stomach, but that's not where I feel it.) the whole way down? Or did it go away?

I hate that feeling. I'd love to sky dive for the view and the experience, but I couldn't take that dropping feeling for that long.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oddly there is NO "roller coaster" feeling at ALL.. the ONLY stomach discomfort was when the chute was deployed... the sudden stop in acceleration was kind of harsh but the feeling passed.. I am really not into planes.. roller coasters.. etc.. so if i could handle it.. I am sure you would be fine.. = )

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So how long are you hanging after you deploy the chute?