2 LCD Big Screen Questions.......

EatingYourBrainsY0

Team Sin Motorsports
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1st Part Question......

Well i recently baught a 42in LCD Television.
I didnt get the warranty on it.
Its a name brand and I got a SICK deal on it, $500.00.
The warranty covers it for a year and its $63.00.
There is no mnftr. warranty on it as of now.
I was thinking of NOT going with it because, well it was only $500.00.
Whats you opinion on this?

2nd Part Question......

For those of you Big Screen LCD owners.
Ive heard that sometimes the LCD TVS take some time to boot up because of the technology.
Has anyone heard of this or have proof?
Ive noticed at times, that when i turn on the tv....I only get sound and no picture.
I turn it off and then back on and its fine.
Is this a normal occurance with big screen LCDS?

2000 EKCivicEX

i VTAK
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i never really go with warrantees and my tv takes a lil time to turn on prob a little longer then a regular tv but its not bad

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first answer, for $63 I would definately get the warranty if you have nothing on it right now. You woudn't believe how many of those things get sent back. (what brand do you have?)

second answer, I've never had that issue with mine, but maybe other brands are different? (i'm using a Sony Bravia)

wiggi

sold his civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2nd question-

Yes LCD do take maybe 5-10 seconds to show a picture. Thats a 63in Sony

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i would get the warranty.

yes the LCD does take a couple seconds to boot up.. i know my tv usually has to warmup a couple seconds before it actually turns on.. and at night when its pitch black, and i turn off the tv.. i can usually still see light on the tv, then fades to black.

EXSpeedAddict

POWERTHIRST!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my 37" LG takes like 3-5 secs to turn on

and about the warranty it cant really hurt since you got a killer deal in the first place and you wouldnt want to get stuck shelling out more than you originally paid for it for the replacement. plus its only $63. But if you're basically certain nothing is gonna happen to it within the year, then don't do it.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mine does that...it clicks and takes a few seconds for the picture to show up. I think thats normal.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For those of you Big Screen LCD owners.
Ive heard that sometimes the LCD TVS take some time to boot up because of the technology.
Has anyone heard of this or have proof?
Ive noticed at times, that when i turn on the tv....I only get sound and no picture.
I turn it off and then back on and its fine.
Is this a normal occurance with big screen LCDS?
Our Toshiba Regza 42" takes about 5 seconds to turn on. An amber LED will flash at the bottom of the set until the picture comes on and it will then stay solid green.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my 37" lcd insiginia takes 3-5 secs to crank up. i opted NOT to buy the warranty cuz i only paid about $500 too (about a year ago), and about 2 months ago the screen started doing this flicker thing when the tv is still cold. it will have these random flickers every couple of seconds for about 5 minutes while the tv is warming up. at first it really pissed me off, but now im used to it i guess. if i had the warranty i would have gotten it fixed though

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member