2 years... and its alive and well

azniceblu

5+ Year Member
Well Just to start the build thread I have lost all of my pics from when i got the car to where i had my b20b swap. So the the story begins and ill keep the intro short. Basically i bought the car in the summer of 08, it was just a stock 99 civic ex vsm colored shell with a blown motor paid 1700 for it. The car had steelies and was lowered on neuspeed springs. A few weeks in I bought a b20b motor from City of Industry for dirt cheap just to get some power on the road. The set up was stock b20b mated to a 01 gsr tranny with basic bolt ons and 2.5" piping with a magnaflow muffler tuned on chrome. Then a whole mess started happening and ended up selling the whole swap set up for cheap and moved up north. Now this is where the revival comes to play and the pics also.

This is the oldest pic i have of my car

Yeap dropped on ls meshes powder coated gold center you know them poor ricer days

After all the settling in and getting used to the new area I ended up getting a job at the local junkyard and bought a jewel

this is the only pic i have from buying the car
so just like any other honda owner i basically stripped the whole car of my needs and wants and lefted the em1 stripped and towed to my junkyard for scrap

The first thing i did after i pulled the motor and harness out was the engine harness tuck

and ended up looking like this

next was the bay

finished the prep prime and shaved the radiator support and a little bit of the shock towers

while the paint was curing i started a minor rebuild of the b16 and scrubbed it down with degreaser then painted it with the aluminum paint u get at the store

and somewhere in between i picked up a seibon carbon fiber hood for dirt cheap

then started and finished the wire tuck

picked up a rsx steering wheel and installed it with the si cluster

picked up a set of ctr repped headlights the actual gunmetal ones for pretty cheap, they are gonna have to do for now until i can get a real set at a decent price

got my s2k clutch master cylinder next

converted my cup holder to the 96-98 and installed my ctr shift boot with sickspeed racing shift knob and started installing my viper alarm with hidden piezo horn

picked up some dresser washer from sickspeed for a great deal

I then pressured was my carpet, really nasty stuff, so i can dye my carpet black

finished relocating the alarm ill prolly never going to do this again just the fact that cutting soldering and heat shrinking takes for days and takes a load on my hands

shaved the valve cover and painted it white enamel

After the paint cured up a bit i relocated my proportioning valve on to the subframe with new hardlines, yeah im also reusing my old innovative mounts til i get my hasports in

So without further or due this is how my engine bay currently looks until i can save a bit more money to get some plm headers im just gonna just stick to my stock ones and im gonna have to use the stock radiator til i get my godspeed racing coming in shortly

oh yeah the em1 i bought came with 16" slips so that was pretty cool too

and a more current pic

I will definitely update when i can get some more money for parts but you know how things goes nothing stays the same for long on a project car and thanks for browsing and plz subscribe

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 4

azniceblu

5+ Year Member
Just an update got my godspeed racing radiator in

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Nice going.

Only thing I'm not fond of is the lip.

azniceblu

5+ Year Member
@Rusty yeah me either but for 20 bucks i got the back and front lips it will do for now until i can get my hands on a real bys lip or mugen lip

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love it. The whole thing. Lip ajs everything I've always wanted a 99-00 civic ex and almost had one, but I got a five speed integra instead after my auto teg.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does it rip ass when you step on it?

azniceblu

5+ Year Member
@Hecz no its actually pretty slow lol my p8r b20b was faster but i knew that was how a b16 was gonna feel im just more into the whole keep it clean theme

azniceblu

5+ Year Member
It was well worth it especially washing all the built up greaseand grime