Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well i filled up yesterday, 10.3 gallons and my distance was 236 miles all city

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I get like... 250-275 a tank all city...

But I got a blown strut and my CV joints need changed.

I should be fully tuned up though. Just recently did the whole "free" warranty crap at the dealership.

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so ive had my ej7 for a couple of months now and isn't it supposed to be a gas saving car? for the past couple of months, ive been only getting about 200 miles on a full tank of gas. if im lucky, i'll hit 250 max. now ive heard some of you get at least 300 miles on a full tank. so what might be the problem here? i've maintained my car by changing the plugs and tranny fluid and all since i bought her and have done regular oil changes. so what might be the problem? thanks.

Dam bro on my trip to VA I filled up in Jersey and drove 429 miles on one tank and that was at 70 MPh on fifth right about 4,500 rpms straight for about 6 hours straight. Hondas are great on gas you might need to replace a few items and check back in. I would start with the following air filter, gas filter, pcv valve, Lucas injector cleaner little 4 dollar bottle that reads tune up on it, check the spark plugs and wires and change the oil. This is my check list before I make a long trip o and check the psi on the tires is a biggie....

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i filled up yesterday, 10.3 gallons and my distance was 236 miles all city
That's about 22 mpg city off by a few but pretty close. Here is a hint try to stay off the vtec if you have it cause that causes mpg's to go down.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That's about 22 mpg city off by a few but pretty close. Here is a hint try to stay off the vtec if you have it cause that causes mpg's to go down.
Oh man do you drive very fast? That's a V6's mileage right there.
Yea, i dont drive "fast" per say...but i get up to speed as quickly as possible quite often...which is stupid cuz i drive a stock EX lol..but in my defense, i havent done a tuneup since i got the car...so thats getting done over the summer (my birthday present was $$ for plugs, wires, air filter, dizzy & rotor...and im gonna try to convince for some for O2 sensor(s) )

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah get some of that done so you can save $ on gas!

95civicvx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I can get about 38 mpg in my VX (ex tranny swap) city driving. I have troubles keeping my foot out of it. I don't sweat the gass milage though i know its great. I do need a pcv valve though. with my 10 galon tank in the city i hit around 250-275 mostly. Like i said i can't keep my foot out of it.

honda_power

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How to Calculate Fuel Economy
Fill up until the pump clicks off twice. Don't count times it clicks off when the tank is obviously not close to full.
Reset the trip odometer.
Fill up a second time when the gas gauge shows that the tank is at most a quarter full, again to the second click.
Divide the number of miles on the trip odometer by the number of gallons bought with the second fill-up. For example, 378 miles divided by 13.4 gallons yields 28.2 mpg. Or, if you use the metric system, divide the number of liters by the number of kilometers, and multiply the result by 100.
Please do not provide results from a trip computer, as these can be inaccurate, unless you've verified its accuracy using the above method.

Also, do not assume that, if your tank holds 16 gallons, and the gauge reads half, that you've used eight gallons. Gauges aren't this accurate.
that's how is done. or you could have the internet do it for you .depending on where you live like i live in grand rapids,michigan= www.grandrapidsgasprices.com get it?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah gas gauges aren't too accurate, for Civics usually when the needle is at E, there is about 1-2 gallons left. The tank size is 11.90 gallons, sometimes you can fill up the tank while the needle is on E and get only 10-11 gallons.

Steez

Grindin' Gears
5+ Year Member
I usually fill 10 gallons from the E in my DX. Got around 320-360 MPG when my car was bone stock running 87. Now my car gets about 270-300 MPG or so on 93.

Both with mixed interstate and city driving, with the a/c on and off along with windows up and down. So thats not bad for a modded car. But then again I don't really get on it too much.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I usually fill 10 gallons from the E in my DX. Got around 320-360 MPG when my car was bone stock running 87. Now my car gets about 270-300 MPG or so on 93.

Both with mixed interstate and city driving, with the a/c on and off along with windows up and down. So thats not bad for a modded car. But then again I don't really get on it too much.
93 eh? High compression motor, K20?