2000 Civic Ex... what now?

topherbailey

My first car was a 1995 honda civic dx sedan.
which needless to say, was rear ended by some college kid.

So i went ahead and found something newer

Any thoughts?
Any ideas of things I should start changing or putting money towards?

tCtCtC

Change the tail lights and lower it.

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Change the tail lights and lower it.
Agreed. Maintenance first though.
Save up for some wheels. Get a front lip. Clean that engine bay.

Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't 99-00 ex come with painted side skirts? It reminds me of a 96-98 with a front end change. I;m sure i'm wrong though. Just wanted to check

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
Yes, definitely change the tail lights! OEM tail lights are the way to go. You can clean up the engine bay and a wire tuck never hurts, so it'll look a lot cleaner.

As a suggestion, you should post your vehicle on the Build/Project section of the Forums. You can find it by browsing through the available forums under Multimedia, I believe. There others will be able to see it more often and you can get really good suggestions as to what to do for your car.

tCtCtC

Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't 99-00 ex come with painted side skirts? It reminds me of a 96-98 with a front end change. I;m sure i'm wrong though. Just wanted to check
Definately maintenance before anything. Change ALL the fluids, distributer cap & rotor, spark plugs, engine filter, etc.
I think they came painted also... hm.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Definately maintenance before anything. Change ALL the fluids, distributer cap & rotor, spark plugs, engine filter, etc.
:word:...

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Aww it's like mine before I started!! I agree with tCtCtC, do all the maintenance, you never know when the last time that oil has been changed. Change those tails, dump it, and toss those hubcaps. You could rock steelies for a while. It's JDM(:
Clean that engine bay, paint those side skirts and save up for a lip kit.

But that's I would do, you can do whatever you makes you happy. Have fun!(:

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No, the Ex's didnt come with painted side skirts. Only the Si's. But yes paint the sideskirts, lower it, go OEM on the tails, get new wheels, and get a lip kit.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
First and fore most, get new spark plug cables, yours are from 1999 lol...

Then do maintenance and a full detail.

topherbailey

Thanks for the feedback. What is the best way to paint the sideskirts? also does anybody recommend a specific system to drop it?

insidiousperfor

5+ Year Member
You found a nice civic, that white is a great color. Except those tail lights definitely need to be replaced first chance you get with the oem ones. Then you should get a type r grill and some wheels. Wheels can change the whole look of a car more than most other mods can. However I do agree with DarkCreep, make sure everything on the vehicle is maintained and repair/replace anything that needs to be. A free improvement you can do is to debadge the "civic" and "ex" badges from your trunk, it will make your rear end look so much cleaner.

ej8lover

dude that thing is gorgeous keep it stock rock the hubcaps till you can buy some nice wheels and suspension.DO NOT SWANG CUT OR HEATED SPRINGS its better to get a good suspension:the love i have for my tokicos is unexplainable
yeah bro but just keep it nice and clean=)

insidiousperfor

5+ Year Member
Heres a few good wheels for you

Chikara G8's (They offer them in silver on silver, gold with silver lip and black with silver lip) I got the black with silver lip and I love them they are great wheels.

Konig Forwards

Konig Forwards in Gunmetal w/ red lip

Buddy Club P1s

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
VOLKS RAYS!

Or some Rota Circuit Eights.

Just sayin'(:

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
Yes paint or vinyl the side skirts to match color
Get rid of those riced tails lol
Maybe get an si or type r lip for the front
Some 15's or 16's

Then possibly a motor swap but thats a big, expensive project lol
Exhaust
Intake

Then id call it quits lol Nice pickup though!

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes paint or vinyl the side skirts to match color
Get rid of those riced tails lol
Maybe get an si or type r lip for the front
Some 15's or 16's

Then possibly a motor swap but thats a big, expensive project lol
Exhaust
Intake

Then id call it quits lol Nice pickup though!
vinyl the side skirts? Will that make it harder to scratch up?

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
VOLKS RAYS!

Or some Rota Circuit Eights.

Just sayin'(:
I have cicuit 8's on my EM1 =) lol

vinyl the side skirts? Will that make it harder to scratch up?
My dad did it to his EX he got it in 2000 which he vinyled them right after purchase and jut redid it this past summer so they last long and vinyl is like 10 bucks nothing expensive if you go in my cars build in the 6th gen showoff mine is labeled My first car! his ex is on the bottom of page 1 you can see the vinyl lol