2000 Civic, First build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
intake header and exhaust will net you maybe 5hp and cost somewhere around $1000
I think i would rather spend 1200-1500 on a b18b1 motor and keep it stock than to put i/h/e on a D series.
Yep. I liked the feel of a torquey DOHC, it just feels like it wants to move a little more. Even my stock D16Y8 feels like it doesn't want to get out of it's own way.. I wouldn't put i/h/e on it unless I got the parts free, but that's my $0.02.

Are you retro fitting projectors in those headlights, or just slapping some HIDs in them, or just some nice halogens? I think I'm going to grab a pair, since I can get them for almost nothing, and maybe retrofit a set of projectors in them.

Stanco

De
Lip kit, headlights and weather guard are in. waiting until this weekend to put it all on. going to buy some new spark plugs and wires. going to focus on cleaning the car up a little this weekend. clean the engine compartment etc. have been looking into air intakes, probably a purchase here soon.

Stanco

De
headlights and lip kit installed now waiting on my tail-lights and air intake. looking for wheels aswell. gotta clean her up. is there any cheaper more affordable way to lower the car? looks pretty good

Goodi

RedEJ7
Looks pretty good man, great starter platform.
There is a "cheaper" way to go lower. I would go with some lowering springs from Tein. Try not to go lower than 1.5 inch on stock shocks, they could blow-out on you.

A shock and spring combo could run 4-500$ (Koni orange shocks, Tein s-tech springs). Which is perfect for a daily driver/spirited driver
I don't really see the point of getting coilovers for a daily, unless you cant make up your mind about ride height like me!

Stanco

De
Just ordered new wires and air intake, plan on wrapping the headers and intake. painting the head cover aswell later on. I think I might be addicted

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A shock and spring combo could run 4-500$ (Koni orange shocks, Tein s-tech springs). Which is perfect for a daily driver/spirited driver
I don't really see the point of getting coilovers for a daily, unless you cant make up your mind about ride height like me!
Tien Basics or BWR would run you around $700. Actually, if you get a set of BWR off this site with LCAs, I think it's like $730, iirc. A lot of people on here will debate you on your lowering springs, but strut / spring combo are also a viable option. I've never heard of someone saying not to bother with coilovers on a daily, it seemed that's what most people are putting them on, but I could be wrong..

Car looks clean. I picked up a set of those headlights and a set of Morimoto D2S retrofits to put in them, kinda excited, How's your light output on those? Noticeably dimmer?

Get some plugs for your license plate holes if you do not need a front plate, clean them right up!

Stanco

De
my headlights were actually more visible. I took the hub caps off when I was cleaning the car today, probably gonna leave them off just to rock the ol steelies for a little while. new spark plugs in.

Stanco

De
Just a few more photos figured i'd throw in here. So stoked about my new wires, short shifter, air intake, and heat wrap coming in soon. I enjoy the hell out of this car.

cuetip

Registered VIP
Very nice i have a 97 everything is perfect in it for 1300 bucks but had 444k miles on it hehe

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like the way the lights look on the white but I couldnt ever do it because it cuts light output alot. I always wanted to black my tailights and headlights on my black civic but got pulled over for the tails and didnt want crappy headlight output

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What size and tires you running?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.