2000 Civic LX not starting

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Normally i don't post for tech questions, but i need some help.

this is my wife's car and i don't have time to be running all over town trying to get this figured out and she needs the car by Tuesday if at all possible...

so here we go. (things that she told me since i wasn't there when the car stopped working).

Friday after work she goes to her car. it starts right up. then when she goes to back out of her parking spot, it dies and will not start. she says there were no CELs or anything and it acted like it would if she killed it. then she went to crank it and all it does is cranks and cranks. so she calls me and i come down to her work. check oil first off. check connection to the battery. start checking fuses. everything looks good.

decided to just tow it to the house so i have tools and can get a better look at things.

get it to the house. kinda thought it was a fuel issue, but i can hear the fuel pump priming. may be fuel filter. still haven't ruled that out yet.

so i pulled a spark plug and checked for spark. nothing.

so now i pull the dizzy cap and it looks a little rough in there. rotor looks beat a bit also. seems weird to me that the car would start and then die if it was just the cap and rotor. spark plugs look prett good considering.

so i was wondering if its the icm or something else. i need to go get a test light and a multimeter to check this, but i was wondering if anyone had any other ideas?

imma get a visual of the valve train to make sure that the timing belt didn't snap or something.

other than that im just being lazy i guess. i just dont have time to f**k around with this car. and ive been searching and wating time long enough. i will go back outside and mess with it a bit more. guess ill change the cap and rotor and go get a test light and all that fun stuff. hopefully the rain holds out and hopefully u guys can shine some light on something i may have missed!

thanks guys!
Chris

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds kind of like the problems on mg brothers car. It ended up being the coil.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shït that would explain y it started and shut off...

Thanks! I spaced the coil...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Coil was motherfùcking fried!!!!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya i need to change a fuel filter and all that fun stuff also. Just needed to get it up and running again!

Would leave reputation points, but idk how lol...