2000 civic si $1,500 for mods, looking for advice.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$1500 for 20 more hp?? Not worth it.. Just keep the B16 and work with that. You can make much more power with $1500.

I wouldnt recommend a light weight flywheel, your car revs up fine as it is. Remember, the faster it revs up, the faster it can go down.

Btw, I have a JDM ITR intake manifold for sale. :cool: Its 100% bolt on for your car. The runners are fat and long. ;)
i forgot he was getting an si, not an ex. but still if you put $1500 into a mild build b18 your going to get way more than 20hp over a b16. but since he's starting with a b16 i would do a gsr shortblock and go poormanR.. he could even sell the b16 shortblock and break even on the block swap, so he should be well within budget for a mild-moderate NA motor

OR, just do the suspension up nice ;)

Last edited:

stealthex

stealthex
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is his name anthony deroy? No I don't dirtbike really. As far as the $1,500. If I find a stock one, I'm thinking cai, headers/exhaust (high flow cat? does it start to sound ricey with a high flow), lowering springs, shocks, lightweight flywheel/shortshifter. What about cams? I know skunk2 makes cams for the B16 as well as a few other companies, are they worth it at all?
no her last names rooney but i have a cat back on my d16 and its gotta good sound to it with the stock headers n cat so i would say with the high flow its gonna get ricey soundingbut look round on craigs i see s**t all the time on thereexp. if ur doin a budget build but if u do a full cai make sure u get a bypass cause one good puddle (like the build up round here) ur hydolocked!

shaunmac9128

5+ Year Member
Well thanks for all the advice everyone, the other can I'm looking at maybe getting is a scion tc. I figure they are stollen less lol but can anyone tell me how it compares to the si? The tc looks slower in the videos I've seen an I've read the same about them that i/h/e will get you 5hp tops.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like the TC's if done right, deff a CLEAN car... Just as an SI is.... Personally look around, see what you can get, play with it! I have done a Turbo set up on my b18 (unfortunately not on the car yet) for under a grand, Now you will probably have to piece it together.... I found a set of Dual Valve Springs (crower) and Stage 2 Turbo cams for my LS (crower on cams as well) for 300 bucks shipped on Ebay.... yes Ebay.... Not always a bad place, they were some a guy used for a couple thousand miles and went to a Vtec Head.... Anyways... See what you can do, some times go used on a part to get another....

As someone else said swap out the block, get a better block more HP and sell yours, then build the head... Good stuff, great cars, good luck!

shaunmac9128

5+ Year Member
Yeah thats what I plan on doing just wondering if you guys had anything I wouldnt know, like little not so well known facts.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
TC is kind of a girl's car IMO and im almost positive Si is faster

HERN.LBR

RACEFWD.COM
5+ Year Member
IMO..

i would ...
- full coil over..
-ITR rear sway bar
-GOOD TIRE
- alignment after lowering it ( good tire wear and better handleing )
-short shifter ( funner when at high rpms)
- BRAKES !
or

-valve springs
-retainers
-cams
- cam gears
- GOOD TUNE ON IT .. dyno
-intake manifold
-HONDATA !!! make some power and some TORQUE !

make sure it starts, stops , and go's befor mods.
go through the car befor anything ( assuming u just bought it) bushings, brakes, balljoints, valve adjustment, timing belt, etc... you'd be amazed what a valve adjustment an do !! all the stuff that really needs to be looked at that most people neglect. all that s**t makes a HUGE difference ..

imo

RACEFWD.COM <----- JOIN PEOPLE !!!!!

shaunmac9128

5+ Year Member
I looked over the hondata website and I think I would go with the S200 w/ launch control. I would have to take that somewhere and have it installed then get a dyno tune? And how much would I gain from that? If i could spend $200-600 on cams intead of a full exhaust and gain more from it I would rather do that. I was looking at exhaust clips on youtube and like the ws just because it doesn't draw too much attention but has a little mellow tone to it.