Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
take the rad cap off n let it run til the thermostat opens
this is the way i do it. open the cap, turn the car on, let it warm up enough that the thermostat opens, watch for bubbles at the radiator cap. when the bubbles stop turn the car off and close the radiator cap

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just let it idle with the radiator cap loose for 15-20 mins or until the radiator fan switches on twice. thats what it says in my service manual

Crewdog180

*6th Gen. Freak*
5+ Year Member
No bleed air screw, what everyone else is saying, drain the system, fill her up, fill the radiator and fill the coolant tank, keep the cap off the radiator, you should see bubbles. When you do, put the cap back on, watch the overflow tank, you should see bubbles, when you do, turn the car off let it cool, check the level in the radiator if it needs coolant, top her off and you should be golden!

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow nobody said turn the heat to full :what:... it might help

but yeah, fill up the reservoir and then the rad, take off the cap and let the motor run til its warmed up while topping off the fluid

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow nobody said turn the heat to full :what:... it might help

but yeah, fill up the reservoir and then the rad, take off the cap and let the motor run til its warmed up while topping off the fluid
+1 good catch mugenkid. i completely forgot about that

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
+1 good catch mugenkid. i completely forgot about that
;)

also, depending on where you live you should go with a summer mix ratio. about 30% coolant to 65% distilled water (unless you have an aluminum rad) and 5% water-wetter if youre feeling sparky :lol: