2000 civic Si EM1

bkjj77

Registered VIP
SO im trying to buy a civic si for my first car.
I found one on craigslist and me and my dad went to check it out.
It has 130,000 miles with a clean title and new paint.
when i went to drive it i stalled the first time(clutch came out fast)...the owner said that the clutch was new and needed to be worn a little....
Then my dad drove it and had a hard time when he drove it (and he has been driving stick for 30 years) even the truck he drove there was stick......does it take getting used to or is something wrong with the car???
Also my dad saw that the headliner under the moon roof and on those mirror pull down things the fabric was a little torn...
My dad thinks the car has a leak or something in it but i dont know ?????
Also when you turn hard the body rubs against the car a little bit making ripples on the wheels...is that a problem?

And finally he thinks that the car is not safe....Is it safe???

Are these bad sign?
Should i avoid the car and keep searching?
thanks for reading..

Decipher

Registered VIP
How much is the owner asking?

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do you have link to the ad?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Idk if the clutch is just new or bad but even skilled drivers stall out when driving their own car. I died out all the time in my brother's integra with his twin disk =)

99civiclx

5+ Year Member
Sounds like a good deal but if your unsure, then ask the seller if you can have a local shop check it out to make sure everything is ok. Maybe talk the seller down to $5000.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Idk if the clutch is just new or bad but even skilled drivers stall out when driving their own car. I died out all the time in my brother's integra with his twin disk =)
He's right, everyone makes mistakes even if there pros...

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have never seen so many question marks in one post.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sounds like your just not used to the clutch. I did the same thing with my car.. every clutch feels different. I drive my friend's EM2 and I stalled it twice (he babies his car...).

I'd hop on it though.