2000 Civic SI Exhaust question

chris00si

Hello all, this is my first post on this forum. I'm putting on a Skunk2 megapower header and exhaust what can I do with the secondary o2 sensor so I don't through a code. Is there a second bunge on the exhaust? or will I have to have a muffler shop do that. Thanks

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not sure if there is a second bung or not, but as long as the secondary o2 sensor is on or behind the catalytic converter you should be fine. if it's on the catalytic converter then it should be somewhere on the back end of it.

If you need a bung welded by an exhaust shop it shouldn't really cost too much and doesn't take long. I had to do it with both of the aftermarket exhausts that I had/have.

chris00si

This header and exhaust removes the cat. I have heard of some cat-back exhausts having a the secondary o2 bunge on the resonator.

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im running a Megan header with a MagnFlow CAT back, I am too running no CAT, but my header did have the secondary 02 bung I did the spark plug fouler DIY and it hasn't through a check engine light in 2 years.

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you flow to well you can still throw a code, I have a Jackson racing high flow cat with other exhaust goodies and it happened, there is the diy or blox makes a little bushing or something to help with it if you do have codes.