2000 ex 2dr Exhaust Manifold Help

packer96

I recently purchased a 2000 ex coupe for my 16yr old daughter. It came with one of those cheap exhaust kits which included headers, test pipe, mid pipes, and loud muffler. I have since replaced the muffler to quiet it down so she didn't feel embarrassed. The 2 problems with the exhaust have to do with the headers and fitment of the down pipe. First, the whole exhaust from the down pipe back hangs about 5-6 inches lower than it should. This problem looks to be because the down pipe comes down from the headers like it's bent. Second, the down pipe is lined up about 2-3 inches off center towards the drivers side and is right up against the oil pan.
I have decided to replace the headers and down pipe with OEM replacements. I was looking at this http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-00-Honda-Civic-Exhaust-Manifold-pipe-header-D16y8-Oem-stock-/122010995593?hash=item1c686c0b89:g:MGEAAOSwnFZXWcH2&vxp=mtr
Will this fit?
When I look up the part numbers for a 98 ex and 2000 ex they are not the same for the manifold and the down pipes. I know Honda changed the exhaust manifold for 99 and 2000 but have read the older one should still fit a 2000. Are the Exhaust manifolds and down pipes between the two interchangeable or do I have to ensure I get the exact ones Honda lists? I just need them to line up so the exhaust straightens out and the pipe stops hitting the oil pan.
Here's the exhaust I'm pretty sure it has on it. http://www.protuninglab.com/cbe-hc922-hds-hc88-hfc.html
Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All exhausts between 96-00 are the same, as far as fitment goes (minus the axle back between the coupe/sedans and hatchbacks). You CAN put a 96 LX exhaust on a 00' EX. HOWEVER...be aware that the EX does NOT have the cat built into the manifold like the LX/DX models do, so the mid pipe on the EX's are shorter to make up for the space of that cat. So to answer your question, yes. You can put a 98 EX manifold on an 00 EX. Fitment wise, they are the same.

As far as that eBay listing fitting your daughters car...the link doesn't bring up an ad. Most likely your fitment issue is due to a cheaply made exhaust manifold/exhaust system. The cheap eBay kits fit like garbage...

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea. That will fit any 96-00 Civic EX.