2000 Honda Civic Dx Project

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
So this is my first car ever. Graduated and used my money to buy this. Came with the lambo doors, side skirts,bumper, spoiler, adjustable coilovers, 2 sets of different rims on each side lol it has a d16y7 in it, 5 speed. Dented doors from shutting the lambos. Custom interior and full stainless steel exhaust.

So I worked at the shittiest job ever and finally got in on the road within a month since I bought it, changed the brakes, oil change and all that good stuff. Then I decided to give it a different look over the year.

The first thing I changed was the exhaust. The guy that had it before bored out everything in the exhaust so I bought a brand new silverline exhaust.

I took of the side skirts cause they looked like s**t since they were chipped

I put in a new spectre cold air intake and blue wires

Then I bought some spyder euro tail lights and threw them on after I waited a month for carid.com to ship them

I paintted the mesh on my hood and my wipers blue

I bought new wheels and installed some daystar hoodpins because racecar.

Added some hp

Then I bought a new aftermarket bumper and painted it black

I took the spoiler off and painted my rear diffusers on my bumper

I repainted the hood so itd match the bumper and soo far thats how my car looks

Then I added about 50hp to my car

Interior

I plan on swapping the engine this winter after I get myself a winter rat. Right now its knocking and im going to be swapping another y7 in it and then swapping to a b16. So far ive learned a lot about my civic in a year and cant wait to learn more!

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
forgot to add that i took off the lambo doors cause they were annoying lol

Ice Cream Kid

Lol

Personally I really really don't like the way this looks, but hey man if that's your thing enjoy it

I'd definitely get rid of all that bodykit bullsh*t and go back to stock bumpers and hood and whatnot. Interior kinda looks like they wrapped the stock ek seats in leather (though I dunno why you wouldn't just swap seats to something...y'know...comfortable?)
Rims I guess are kinda cool?
That spoiler looks like a part of my vacuum
I'd have left the taillights well enough alone

Just my opinions though, if you want your car looking like this I say do it

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
Lol

Personally I really really don't like the way this looks, but hey man if that's your thing enjoy it

I'd definitely get rid of all that bodykit bullsh*t and go back to stock bumpers and hood and whatnot. Interior kinda looks like they wrapped the stock ek seats in leather (though I dunno why you wouldn't just swap seats to something...y'know...comfortable?)
Rims I guess are kinda cool?
That spoiler looks like a part of my vacuum
I'd have left the taillights well enough alone

Just my opinions though, if you want your car looking like this I say do it
i thought about putting the stock bumpers back on and just putting lips on them. i know i might get a littile hate on it but its my first car and im still young and people think it looks cool but im growing on the aftermarket parts so i might just go back to stock.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
buy an oem hood. buddy club 1 front bumper, put the side skirts back on, take off that wing and fill up the holes..paint everything one color..you'll have a nice clean car with a nice kit. at least on the exterior

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Or do whatever the hell you want, as long as you like it.

This is kind of like how your parents tell you something, but you do it anyway because you need to experience s*** for yourself:
The kits all fit for crap and will just start to fall apart.
Your taillights will end up leaking.
Hopefully they used good quality materials for the interior.
(That's just basic observations on these things I've seen personally)

The toilet bowl throttle body pretty much sets the mood for the rest of the engine and performance so most would say start there. You'd have way more fun with an agile, sporty car that something that looks like it's from the F&F bloopers reel.

This is just personal opinion, obviously your car, your call. You'll probably spend more money than you will later care to have admitted to on things you will have thought awesome and are really kind of silly.

Enjoy the ride, at the very least clean it up and really just take care of any issues the car itself has before finishing project superfly.

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
Thanks. Ill deffinately be going back to stock bumpers and all that. Ill keep you guys posted

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
Project Superfly it is!

so i came to a conclusion... im going to put the stock bumpers back on, just have to repair the rear one cause its cracked and also a new support on the rear cause its rusting out. im thinking about putting lips on each bumper also but i need some advice on either painting the lips white or black. ill probably get a more suttle hood. anyone have any advice on what to use except for bondo for body filler? im going to put resin on the inside part of the bumper and then use body filler and all that and paint it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice Cream Kid

Thank you for not being fast or furious.

From prop making experience, I'd advise that you use fiberglass matting in addition to the resin, as the resin really won't do a lot on its own. Personally I think the lips would look a whole lot better colormatched, but that's just me. As long as you really REALLY clearcoat it, you can make 'em shine just like they're factory :D

Good luck man, will be watching with interest.

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
Thank you for not being fast or furious.

From prop making experience, I'd advise that you use fiberglass matting in addition to the resin, as the resin really won't do a lot on its own. Personally I think the lips would look a whole lot better colormatched, but that's just me. As long as you really REALLY clearcoat it, you can make 'em shine just like they're factory :D

Good luck man, will be watching with interest.
i will be using the fiberglass matting, also i am going to find some side skirts and i wanna shoot for the white all around, ill be starting to switch parts out by this weekend. ill keep you posted

Not sure which one I like better. I dig the black lips and sides but the white looks clean. I plan on keeping the hood and rims for awhile. Any opinions?

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?

Ice Cream Kid

Lol my favorite part about the previous owner of this car is that they bought a civic dx, essentially the base model of base models, the cheapest you can go, and put lambo doors on it. Seriously??

If it were me, I'd match colors with everything. Lips, hood, body panels. Except the rims. Those would be cool in a slightly darker grey, maybe even a gunmetal. Just a thought.

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
I dont want too much white but then again I dont want too much black. I was thinking about just getting a new color but might just freshen it up a bit by giving it a new paint job of the same color. My first goals are to fix up my back bumper and find some decent doors that arent dented

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol my favorite part about the previous owner of this car is that they bought a civic dx, essentially the base model of base models, the cheapest you can go, and put lambo doors on it. Seriously??
Or a body kit which is supposed to be for high speed aerodynamics...a massive rear wing on a fwd car...a hood with holes in it for ram air on a car with no ram air set up...or even hood pins that are for quick removal of a hood on a track car, that isn't a track car.

At least it is going back the way it was meant to be. :thumbs up

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
Or a body kit which is supposed to be for high speed aerodynamics...a massive rear wing on a fwd car...a hood with holes in it for ram air on a car with no ram air set up...or even hood pins that are for quick removal of a hood on a track car, that isn't a track car.

At least it is going back the way it was meant to be. :thumbs up
Hey you never know, it could turn into a track car... sometime... probably never lol

sikswic

Black Caulk or White?
Hahahahaha

So project superfly is about to take a turn and im going to start with the front bumper tomorrow... im going to work on the stock front grille tomorrow and figure out if i wanna repaint it or replace it with mesh since its faded. ill take some pics and post them tomorrow