2000 HX - Make me faster!

Malfa

5+ Year Member
So absolutely no new car for me anymore :(.

I have to keep my 2000 HX civic. So the future holds an auto to manual swap hopefully within the next month (because the cvt transmission is blowing out because its a piece).

Also I want to make this stupid d16y5 115 hp engine faster. But I don't think I would have enough to swap it for an SI engine and I have read turbo'ing my specific engine usually doesn't work out right.

Ugh, idk what to do!

Anyone know what I could be able to do without spending A LOT of money?

jpelizzari

5+ Year Member
KEEP searching around on for sale forums for a good canidate for an engine swap. And save your money up.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turboing it never hurts..i turboed my hx =) extra long gears are some what nice..but hx now ftw cause of gas prices..idk how much you get with automatic though

Malfa

5+ Year Member
I will have a manual within the next month.

I'm not sure where to start looking, so I have to start talking to some people.

I most likely will not end up doing anything to the engine because it seems like I will be spending a fortune, of money I should save up..

Civic Stud

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get an LS motor and tranny and swap it in. B18B motor and tranny is half what a b16 swap would cost. Why waste the money on a 5 speed for the d-series when you want a b series? The tranny's are not interchangable, so you're throwing that money away too.

Malfa

5+ Year Member
so0o just looks for now? check out the 6th gen section nices civic seen thread to get ideas of what you want to do appearance wise

edit:

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=44148
No, my car is lowered, rims, sound system, etc

i want speed now.

Get an LS motor and tranny and swap it in. B18B motor and tranny is half what a b16 swap would cost. Why waste the money on a 5 speed for the d-series when you want a b series? The tranny's are not interchangable, so you're throwing that money away too.

I really don;t have that much money to spend though. Wouldn't that be very expensive?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I will have a manual within the next month.

I'm not sure where to start looking, so I have to start talking to some people.

I most likely will not end up doing anything to the engine because it seems like I will be spending a fortune, of money I should save up..
you said you didnt wanna do anything to the engine though ...so ..turbo? or motor swap is my advise

Malfa

5+ Year Member
you should deff keep the y5. speed really isnt important
How come?
I just want a car that is a bit faster. That is what I enjoy driving.

you said you didnt wanna do anything to the engine though ...so ..turbo? or motor swap is my advise
Okay, so now I figured out I would have about 2k to spend for a motor swap/tranny swap.

That is the route I would like to go..

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
tranny swap the b***h, and keep getting great gas milage, just do a little tune up. Keep it running strong.

Malfa

5+ Year Member
Hmm, so most say no to a new engine.

I just cant stand barely making it up a hill..

and I want a faster car. I always have..

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm i say turbo the single..if you want nice quality parts check out the link on my sig

Malfa

5+ Year Member
naw... not going that route

would be way too expensive

also, i have skunk2 coilovers on stock shocks. would aftermarket shocks make the ride a little smoother at all? or is it not worh it?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yes! Get aftermarket high performance shocks.

Get
Intake
Headers
Exhaust
Intake manifold

And you should gain a few horses for your uphill climbs.

Malfa

5+ Year Member
What kind of shocks??

and those are probably pretty expensive for not so much hp gain huh?

Civic Stud

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you have 2000 to spend on a swap, you should easily be able to find a complete b series swap for that or less. Look aroung a little and you'll find them. I just saw a complete swap from a 2000 Civic si on CL for 1500 with supposedly 65,000 miles. Be a little patient, their out there.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2k to spend and you dont wanna spend like 1300 for a turbo kit? I.H.E's arent gonna do that much..except make loud noises