2000 Si EBP Civic...Need help! Trunk Leak!

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
This may be a random question but is there anyone in the Johnson County area, or Kansas in general who could be available to help me figure out a trunk leak issue? I can't seem to pin point WHERE exactly the leak is coming. But for sure it fills my trunk up pretty good to where fish could swim in it.! I dont mind driving out to someone for some help as I am just WANTING this fix without going to a damn shop. Went to a glass shop and they wanted to charge me $100 just to find the damn leak. Any chance someone can be of assistance preferably today before 10pm, as I work from 10pm to 6am.

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
I have inspected the seal and there is Zero damage done to the car. The only accident on it is replacement of the passenger quarter panel and door skin. The drain tubes for the sunroof seem to be intact so no issues there. I took it to the local glass shop to have them test the rear window to make sure the seal on that isn't bad or has any faults.

Its a coupe, 2000 Honda Civic Si (EBP)

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have you checked the tail light gaskets?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You find an answer, LMK. I"m having this exact same issues, and the trunk/back glass/lights seals are fine.

My car is also leaking from the front somewhere, causing the backseat floorboards to soak. I have yet to pinpoint that issue.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Easy as hell to find it. Grab a friend, flash light, and a hose. one of you man the hose while the other is in the car and look for the leak

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Easy as hell to find it. Grab a friend, flash light, and a hose. one of you man the hose while the other is in the car and look for the leak
Hmmmmm, so what happens when we've done that many times and still can't trace the leaks?:wak:

emerican

Registered VIP
I had one like that on my car its was really strange, but it ended up being the groves to where the trunk lid sits its really hard to explain, but i put silicone on all of it and it stopped, but the water hose trick didnt show me that one it was just a shot in the dark that worked.

Last edited:

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had one like that on my car its was really strange, but it ended up being the groves to where the trunk lid sits its really hard to explain, but i put silicone on all of it and it stopped, but the water house trick didnt show me that one it was just a shot in the dark that worked.
I'll try that for the trunk; can't hurt anything---thank you!

Now my main concern is the front of the car..can't find that leak and I don't want my interior damaged. I try not to drive the car when it's raining and just keep her in the garage.

who am i fooling, i hardly drive the car anyhow.

emerican

Registered VIP
No problem your welcome i hope it works.
I honestly dont have any guess on the leak in the front sorry kelly
And i know you dont drive it hardly i remember that off an old thread about oil changes, when you said how many miles you drive it in three months lol.

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
The water hose trick I have tried 3 times and still cant figure out where the water is coming from. I just replaced the trunk seal and its STILL leaking just as bad. The silicone trick I would try but I have a hard time thinking adding more silicone to the seal area does not fix the issue it just covers it up.

emerican

Registered VIP
Im not talking about the seal i may have a picture of what i did if so ill post it up on here i didnt think it would work either and im not saying it will fix it just that it did for me.

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
thinking ahead here, Thanks for everyone's input and current moderator who is giving me more details on his fix for the leak. Here is some other information:

The leak seems to be on the left side only as I don't see any on the right. Also the tail lights don't seem to be leaking as I don't see any water or moisture on them after my trunk flooded. No dirt spots/trails much anywhere surprisingly.

emerican

Registered VIP

where the black is is the silicone i put on both sides still not sure why it worked all i know is it did.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tried jamming the water in the cracks and what not? maybe put some pressure behind the spray

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tried jamming the water in the cracks and what not? maybe put some pressure behind the spray
I never run my car through auto washes, but I've done it to find the leak. Still no luck.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
hmmm I might try the silicone trick, I'm just not too excited about adding sealant to an area that shouldn't need it. But I'll give it a world!