Status
Not open for further replies.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just read 2/3 of this thread.hate to break it to you,but you cant do s**t about this.the motor was swapped just like any other swapped civic you'd buy.swapping doesnt mean putting a better motor in,it means putting in a different motor that the actual stock one.i coulda sold my b16 swapped hatch to some little old lady wanting a hatchback and i guarantee she wouldnt know about the swap,be it good or bad....and my vin # still woulda shown it being a dx 1.5 not to mention insurance reasons.sure,you can get mad about the lack of power,the higher insurance rates,the better chance of it getting stolen,but seriously,what can you do?nothing.oh,and btw to someone else who mentioned....carfax will tell you about the car in stock form,it doesnt know every change or mod thats been made :roll:

*edit*after reading the rest,i see you got some money back?well intimidating him was the only way,bc this would not have worked in your favor in a court of law,sorry.but you are lucky i guess.

SiR-Ek

TEAM PHATBOYZ
5+ Year Member
maybe the car was imported from canada cause their Si's are nothing but Ex's right?

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
her VIN was 1HGEM1****** which would mean its a USDM Si if I am correct

This reminds me of a week ago my friend bought an 89 F350... or so he thought, carfax said it was a 250... Dont know whats up with that but at least you got your money for a swap

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just read this whole thread and damn .... i also say put a gsr in there

and no they dont have smog in oregon except for medford and portland as far as i know

Illegal

New Zealand
5+ Year Member
I couldnt read the whole thing. it was prob covered, but if the engine was older than the frame, the seller was in big trouble.

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not to be mean, but that is really funny......sorry....next time have a real man go help you buy a car

xdr3amx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tienr said:
not to be mean, but that is really funny......sorry....next time have a real man go help you buy a car

caused only a real man can pop the hood and tell the diffrence between a b16 and a d16 ? i think it just takes someone who just takes the time to think first befor buying a car.

i am going to run outside and see if my car has a b16 just in case i am lucky enought to get one instead of a d16 after months and months of owning a car :roll:

emilyfersure

5+ Year Member
xdr3amx said:
caused only a real man can pop the hood and tell the diffrence between a b16 and a d16 ? i think it just takes someone who just takes the time to think first befor buying a car.

i am going to run outside and see if my car has a b16 just in case i am lucky enought to get one instead of a d16 after months and months of owning a car :roll:
HAHA! SHUDDUP! damnit.. you guys are mean!

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
a full swap from a 97 gsr is only 3100. comes with everything you mentioned. she doesnt need a shop to put it in cuz she said her father could do it. its still within her budget. i would take the GSR. the only thing that i would bother to replace up front is the timing belt.

who bought the car, you or your dad? if you get a b16a2 complete swap for $2500 who would keep the remaining $750?
That is the difference between me and you...a swap without a rebuild is considered doing it Half-Ass in my book.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad that you got some money back...good luck with ur plans..

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
xdr3amx said:

Dude one more time, one more stab at my girl and it is on like donkey kong!!! :rolf: :rolf:

xdr3amx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FRODO said:
Dude one more time, one more stab at my girl and it is on like donkey kong!!! :rolf: :rolf:
Frodo i am your wingman damn don't you get this by now i am trying to make you look good foool

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
xdr3amx said:
Frodo i am your wingman damn don't you get this by now i am trying to make you look good foool
Yeah i get it just have to make sure you know you know.

emilyfersure said:
haha.. i love you
you too :lol:

emilyfersure

5+ Year Member
Yeah.. FRODO and i might as well just get a house in the suburbs, with a white picket fence, 2 kids, and an suv alreaddy...

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
emilyfersure said:
Yeah.. FRODO and i might as well just get a house in the suburbs, with a white picket fence, 2 kids, and an suv alreaddy...
In Biloxi? on the beautiful coast? You can buy my neighbors house hes all old and stuff.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
emilyfersure said:
Im actually pretty broke.. So youre gonna need to pay for that..
I can take him out...he is super slow and stuff. Yeah where you are is way way to F-ing cold for me...i hate cold weather!

emilyfersure

5+ Year Member
FRODO said:
I can take him out...he is super slow and stuff. Yeah where you are is way way to F-ing cold for me...i hate cold weather!
So do I... I grew up in cali... I have yet to put on a pair of real shoes or stop wearing skirts since ive been here.. some call me crazy.. Dont beat up old people! I work at an old folks home...

Status
Not open for further replies.