2001 Lx Vs Ex Catback System!

ninbroken18

5+ Year Member
Ok heres the scoop this whole this is confusing me....sorry. So I purchased an Skunk2 exhaust for my 2001 LX but it was listed as an EX. Is there any reason this wont just bolt onto my LX. If so what is so different and can i rig it up with out getting a new manifold. lastly which gaskets do I need? From the cat to the exhaust system or no since what I'm understanding is that the cat and headers must be swapped out to the ex which would then mean I dont need that gasket. Anyway sorry guys im just trying to get it straight before the exhaust gets here that way I'm not rollin down the road showing off how loud a raw engine is. Thanks in advance.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I think you're gonna have to convert to Ex exhaust system lol unless that exhaust system comes with the extra pipe for the D17A1 engine exhausts or else it won't fit, and the exhaust system you bought should come with the gasket for the axle back part of the exhaust.

ninbroken18

5+ Year Member
Thats what I was thinking cause if you look at the megan racing headers the ex and lx are different by about 4 inches or so. So by switching to an Ex header set ill just loose my cat which wont be a big deal to pass here in ole hill billy vt.

baron340

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just keep your lx header and have a midpipe made where the ex cat would be. if you buy the ex header and do it that way you will still need that pipe section or the cat off an ex too. so unless you were planning on buying a megan header or something just get a midpipe.

ninbroken18

5+ Year Member
Ok so i got a Skunk2 cat back system a, a megan racing manifold and, lastly a racing touch catalytic converter to make the connection completely. sound like i will be all set? final price is around $700 or so. anyway thanks for the help guys.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
wait doesnt the race header eliminate the catalytic converter? Unless you bought a shorty header(a header seperate from the downpipe) labeled as a race header then you're good to go.

Civic_Addict

Civic_Addict
5+ Year Member
the cat is connected to the header on a lx. its seperated with the ex which is why they have different types of cat back exhaust for each make of car.