2002 civic ex

team_wakkana

5+ Year Member
i'm a beginner...and i just purchased a 2002 civic ex (SOCH)...anyways, what i would like to know how much HP would mah car gain if get ma self a greddy full cat back exhaust, dc headers 4-1, to add to mah AEM cold air intake?...and yeah, how much HP did mah car gain with mah cold air intake?? :D

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
***moved***

First off, you cannot say "mah" cause that's mah word LOL

now...to answer your Q...

You're gonna get a lil power gain with all of that....I'd say 5-10 hp tops.

flipmoderacer02

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you really want power then get turbo or engine swap...the basic bolt ons will add only a few hp

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm.. I can't answer your question really... but I'll tell you what I gained..

I have an EX also... mine is automatic. With Short Ram Intake and Header I gained approximately 10 - 15 whp

I dynod at 105 whp. And all dynos I found of stock auto EXs dynod in between 90 and 95 whp.

I also have a catback on there.. which probably gave me about 3whp. So I'd estimate power gains in between 13 and 18 whp total.

joescivic02

5+ Year Member
^^ are you kidding me? with all that youll prob get around 5 tops...... its not worth the money unless your really bored and want to sound good..

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
joescivic02 said:
^^ are you kidding me? with all that youll prob get around 5 tops...... its not worth the money unless your really bored and want to sound good..
No, I'm not kidding you. I was very surprised by the results. And no, this isnt butt dyno... these are results from a real dynanometer.

jttegx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^i find it hard to believe as well. mostly on an automatic.

search up gearbox on 7thgencivic.com, he has an 02 auto ex thats ported/bored, every bolt on you can think of, grounding wires with hypervoltage system, all the basics on his auto ex.. hes pushing only 100whp.

i have an 03 ex myself, when i had an intake, exhaust, and going catless... i noticed power, but im sure its around the 5whp mark. my low end was sacraficed for high end.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'll upload my dyno sheet later on for you guys. I don't blame you for doubting me. As I said, I was very surprised as well, but I don't want you to think I'm just blowing steam either.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
team_wakkana said:
i'm a beginner...and i just purchased a 2002 civic ex (SOCH)...anyways, what i would like to know how much HP would mah car gain if get ma self a greddy full cat back exhaust, dc headers 4-1, to add to mah AEM cold air intake?...and yeah, how much HP did mah car gain with mah cold air intake?? :D
I wouldn't worry about an N/A set up unless you plan on spraying. You should seriouly look into boost. The D17A2 responds really well to boost.

team_wakkana

5+ Year Member
thanks alot for all the advice...nways, so its either i swap an engine or go with turbo right?...well if thats the case, i might as well go ahead and save me money for a K20A engine...do u guys think would that be a good swap?...let me wat u think... =)

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
team_wakkana said:
thanks alot for all the advice...nways, so its either i swap an engine or go with turbo right?...well if thats the case, i might as well go ahead and save me money for a K20A engine...do u guys think would that be a good swap?...let me wat u think... =)
The K20 is a hell of a motor, but you'll spend about twice the amount of money on a K20 swap. There is a great Stickey on this forum about the different variations of the K motors and also another stickey that outline all the parts needed to do the swap. But yeah, if you ask pretty much anyone that drives a 7th gen civic, if money were no object what would they do. I'd say 85% would say K swap. I know I would, but I'd be saving for literally years to get that kinda money up. What ever you do, do it right. Don't take any shortcuts. But most importantly....post good pics. :lol:

smokee2k02

Napa Night Hazard
5+ Year Member
theres actuallt other motors taht you can go with and cheaper too. k20 is a great motor but expensive too. there is also the h-22 which is much heavier and more work but can be done. theres also the bseries motor. tahst the cheapest bet and the b16 mtor is reliable and has great potential. if i were you i would go with the b series. aths just me tho.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
smokee2k02 said:
theres actuallt other motors taht you can go with and cheaper too. k20 is a great motor but expensive too. there is also the h-22 which is much heavier and more work but can be done. theres also the bseries motor. tahst the cheapest bet and the b16 mtor is reliable and has great potential. if i were you i would go with the b series. aths just me tho.
b series and h series will not swap directly into your car. You're talking about a shitload of work for one of those.... and in the end. it really wouldnt be worth it.

smokee2k02

Napa Night Hazard
5+ Year Member
i have a friend taht has done it. he says its not that hard but any swap is gonna be work

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
team_wakkana said:
i have a question for you...wtf is "mah"?????
DC sport header sucks on a 7th gen civics. i would go with kamikaze or HP racing header. but then again any bolt ons wont do much. if you want performance then go with turbo with crower stage2 turbo camshaft or swap in a k series motor.