2002 Honda Civic - Shifting Issue

CivicLaith

5+ Year Member
Hey guys,

I got a bit of a problem with the 1st/2nd gear transition (automatic). I left the car for about 2 weeks for christmas break. And noticed while I'm driving it now as it transitions gears a lot fo the time it does this high rev thing before going to 2nd. It will still make the transission but not before it sounds like it is revving at the current RPM as if it were in NEUTRAL.

Anyone got any idea? Do you think it might be the transmission (The car's got about 110000Miles/177000KM) and I just got the transmission flushed and replaced about 3-4 months ago at about 105000miles for the first time.

Or might it be something with the ECU?

RonJ

Banned
Is the ATF low?

Is the CEL on? Any CEL codes?

CdnCIVICdriver

5+ Year Member
try manually shifting it from the lowest gear to the second lowest gear and see if there is still a delay before it shifts and catches. Let us know.

DaBasterd

5+ Year Member
your tranny is about to go bad plain and simple happened to me a couple of weeks ago your looking at about $1200.50 for a "new" one i would suggest just getting a manual if your into racing.

sdanville

5+ Year Member
So what happened ? were the clutches in the transmission worn out ? My 2002 revs high between 2nd and third.