2002 Honda Civic Si (Museum Quality)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireball1

You are looking at a rare 2002 Honda Civic Si for sale that is in showroom condition. This car is like new. I purchased it about a week ago from the executor of the estate of a deceased 80 year old man who lived down the road from me. From talking to the executor and relatives and Honda dealership who sold this car new, I have assembled the following car history:

* 73 year old man ordered this 2002 Honda Civic Si from John Holtz Honda in spring 2002. The dealership located the exact car from a dealer in Pennsylvania and had the car shipped via flatbed to Holtz in upstate New York.

* Owner wanted silver color with Si floor mats and mud flaps. He paid $19,660 for this car in spring 2002 from John Holtz Honda. Car had 12 miles on it upon delivery.

* Owner did not drive this car during the winter and kept the car garaged always. He did not allow eating, drinking or smoking in the car.

* Owner was meticulous about maintaining the car in a timely fashion.

* Owner never modified the car.

* Owner died in spring 2009 at age 80 and car sat in garage for nearly a year until an executor was established.

* As a result, car has very low mileage: 37,960 miles

* Only flaws are portion of front passenger fender was painted, probably due to paint scratches/mars and some scratches on windshield near registration sticker (apparently owner tried to remove sticker with sharp object) and a minor door ding on driver's side quarter panel that is visible only at certain angles.

* I had a local Honda dealer do an extensive 37,500 mile service along with NYS inspection last week and everything checked out fine: brakes (5-7 mm), battery (good), tires (new Michelin All Seasons), oil & filter changed, fluids topped off, emergency brake adjusted, tires rotated & pressures set, wipers checked.

* I had a local body shop extensively clean and detail the car: carpets, floor mats, seats shampooed & vacuumed, headliner cleaned, interior detailed, exterior washed & waxed, engine compartment cleaned.

* As a result, this car is in showroom condition and looks, drives, sounds, feels and smells like a brand new car.

* Car is factory equipped with a K20A3 2.0 liter 4-cylinder engine (160 horsepower @ 6500 rpm), 5-speed manual transmission, aluminum wheels, sport-tuned suspension, sport bucket seats, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, power moonroof, air conditioning, tilt steering, cruise control, AM/FM/CD stereo, keyless entry. Everything works fine.

* Selling price is $11,995.

* Car is located in Rochester, New York. I can assist with shipping. Call for VIN and any questions.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
38,000 Miles would be FAR from pristine...especially since you said it has a flaw on the fender...there are a few guys on my Mazda forum with under 15,000 miles on their 01 MP3's, and they are much more hard to find than these...it may have low miles, but so do shitty G-Ma cars from the 80's with 50-60,000 miles that you see on Craigslist all the time...

GLWS though...

joshc697

Looks good, if ur lookin 4 trades I have a k swapped em2. The swap only has 34k.
My # is 717-816-3564 if u wanna txt
glws

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice ride op good luck with the sale

96EJ6EX

I would look in to it if it was maybe a 2004 because I never would buy the first year the car was out. Even a Honda.

Fireball1

I would look in to it if it was maybe a 2004 because I never would buy the first year the car was out. Even a Honda.
As far as I know, the only changes from 2002 to 2004 are 1 inch larger wheels and changed headlights. All other parts are identical in 2002-2005 Civic Si cars. I'm not aware of any 1st year problems with these cars, and according to the selling dealer, this car was only in for normal maintenance. But I'm not an expert on these cars, so there may have been TSBs regarding the first year of this 7th generation Civic Si.

In any case, newer model years cost more. Here is a 2005 Civic Si with 69,700 miles for $15,000.

CamelNo.9

As far as I know, the only changes from 2002 to 2004 are 1 inch larger wheels and changed headlights. All other parts are identical in 2002-2005 Civic Si cars. I'm not aware of any 1st year problems with these cars, and according to the selling dealer, this car was only in for normal maintenance. But I'm not an expert on these cars, so there may have been TSBs regarding the first year of this 7th generation Civic Si.

In any case, newer model years cost more. Here is a 2005 Civic Si with 69,700 miles for $15,000.
When I wrecked my '02, I replaced it with an '04. Now I'll admit the new one had over 100k miles when I bought it and the old one had only 76k when it bit the dust, but overall, I had less (and by less, I mean basically zero) problems with the '02 (and it was in my family since we bought the thing new in '02) than I have had in 3 months of owning the new one.

In any case, KBB puts the value of an '02 with that many miles at just under 8000 from a private seller. Granted, it is the lowest-mileage Si I've seen anywhere in a long time, so hopefully you can find someone who values low mileage. Good luck with the sale; hopefully you're parting with it because you want to, not because you have to.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
GLWS, but this is neither Museum Quality, nor show room quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.