2002 honda k24 engine swap

sicknic6321

hi there iam new here to the civic club, anywayz i have 2002 honda civic ex it's 1.7 i have intake muffler bosch plugs but the little 1.7 is very dated!? i was wonder should i swap it for k24 with k20heads and speand 23,000 for the motor, racing seats, sport supsension, tires,intake,ect i should i just buy a new 2008 honda civic ex ?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just remember that a new Civic has an R18 in it, and for the weight of the car, it makes it a similar combination to the 7th gen and D17. And $23k seems like quite a bit of money for all that. K24 with K20 head is a good combination, but very expensive. If you plan on staying in the 200hp range, just turbo your D17. A decent power and reliablesetup can probably be had for roughly $4-5k. A decent full "sport" suspension can be had for under $2k....you are looking at Tein (or comparable) coilovers, strut braces all around, and sway bars for about $2k. Do you really need racing seats? If you just want a sportier look, go with either EP3 or RSX seats. They can be had in great condition for ~$300. Right there I cut down your expenses quite a bit. Just do some research before you make a big jump.