2003 civic lx auto charging/batterie problems need help

tjcharm

i have a 2003 honda civic lx 4dr with an auto tranny. my car died one day and i got the batterie tested and they said it needed to be charged but that the battery was still good. so i charged it and the car started right away. the next day in the morning after driving about twenty miles to troubleshoot i went to the autoparts store so they could check the batterie... and it had started to lose amps again. so i bought a new alternator thinking this was the problem and got the battery charged and installed the new alternator and all seemed like it was fine... until it died again. so i got the batterie charged again and they said it wasn't good anymore so i bought a batterie from walmart since the old one was old anyway (ill get a better one later) and i still have the same problems. i checked the fuses for the: battery, ignition 1, ignition coils, and the alternator fuse... i believe everything is hooked up right. im just not sure what to check next. any ideas?

RonJ

Banned
Turn the key from off to ON(II) - Does the charging system light in the cluster turn on and stay on?

Now start the engine - Does the charging system light turn off?

tjcharm

when i turn the key to on it turns off. the car wont start right now because of the dead battery so im not sure if it stays on or off. ill get the battery charged soon.