2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Check Engne Light/IMA no functionality

Nmplains

Hi all,

I have a 2003 HCH manual. Close to 250,000 miles. The IMA battery was replaced about 60,000 miles ago by the previous owner and an independent mechanic. So I purchased it in May of this year and it has been great. Though I've dropped from 42 mpg to 38. IMA seems to charge fully and drop almost fully and the charge up all the way again. No IMA light or MIL/Engine light. But here is the problem! There are no IMA or MIL lights. Key in ignition at position 2 no engine light by the oil light under rpm, the outline is there but it does not light up. Same with the IMA light. I can not find anything about these two not lighting up anywhere. In the owners manual both are supposed to light up in this position. So I failed emission testing in MD today. Ironic that a hybrid Low emission vehicle, hybrid or not fails and emissions test. Codes were P1600, P1456, P1449. P1456 = gas cap, got one no more code after all cleared. However the P1600 and P1449 are still there. No lights period but codes and MIL should be lighting up as it is indicating it should be on my Craftsman Scan Tool 20890. Any ideas from anyone? I am leaning towards a fuse or relay. I was thinking it was the blue 12v relay in the secondary fuse box in the engine compartment, the picture on the cover is the same as the engine light that should be lighting up, after talking with Honda what I have in there is not the part number they have but the relay should be for the fuel pump how this coincides with the picture on the cover I'm not sure. Any help would be great!

Nmplains

Update

So the check engine light is solved, old school used car dealer trick, electrical tape over the led inside speedometer. I have a check engine light, no IMA light, codes P1600, P1499 no flash code for IMA plus IMA does not light up in ignition position 2. Owners manual says it sometimes lights up in position 2. I have a flash code of EPS 23. Where should I go from here prior to dealership? Any help would be great... Thanks

Considering changing 12v battery as date is 10/07 on it.

Nmplains

IMA Light Solved...Same issue:-/

Electrical tape again, Mil Flash of code 69, EPS code 23, IMA code 78.