2004 Civic Si 5W-20 Oil?

RookieCivic20

Hey guys just bought myself a used 2004 civic si and I am just wondering with 76,000 miles on it which brand of oil should I use for 5W-20? I hear mobile 1 is the best one? But it would have to be 0W-20? Please get back to me plan on getting oil change tomorrow morning thanks!

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys just bought myself a used 2004 civic si and I am just wondering with 76,000 miles on it which brand of oil should I use for 5W-20? I hear mobile 1 is the best one? But it would have to be 0W-20? Please get back to me plan on getting oil change tomorrow morning thanks!
Mobile 1 makes 5w20. but unless you live in an area that actually gets around freezing the first # doesn't really matter. so if u like in a warm climate 0w20 would be the same.

but they do make a 5w20. maybe the store near u just doesn't carry it

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ive used mobil1 5w-20 in my CRV since i got it. I usually buy it on sale at autozone with the filter for a pretty reasonable price. My wife has put about 25k mi since we got it.

Holyghst

I have a 2003 ep3 and ive used nothing but mobile 1. They definitely do make a 5w 20.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Like others have said, Mobil 1 does make 5W-20. My brother uses it on his 06 EX.

I've heard Castrol and Mobil 1 are the top 2 oils on the market but I could be wrong. Honestly, as long as you're not using some REALLY cheap crap and are changing your oil every 3-5k (depending on driving conditions) along with your oil filter, you'll be fine.

My car has only seen Mobil 1 since it's come off the lot and the engine is spotless and not that stained inside it both under the valve cover and up through the oil pan. It does pay to use good oil but you don't necessarily have to use good oil.

vtac_ej6

Could be wrong but i thought you needed to run 5w-30 in k series. Heard alot of people run into issuse with cam galling from running 5-20

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
Could be wrong but i thought you needed to run 5w-30 in k series. Heard alot of people run into issuse with cam galling from running 5-20

Iv got a 05 si and always use 5w20 mobile 1. Iv never heard of this. But what do I know u could be right.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

vtac_ej6

I had an 03 si i alway ran 5w-30. Google civic si cam galling.