2005 Civic cluster + connectors & instructions to wire in 96-2000 Civic! *Video!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SW20FL

5+ Year Member
SOLD SOLD SOLDI have a red ring 5 speed 2005 Honda civic instrument cluster with the blue and green 2005 Civic dash harness connectors that can be installed in ALL 1996-2000 Civics. I will include the wiring instructions that I made (in Excel) printed out. I will also E-mail the instructions to the buyer. I have not figured everything out yet, but the important functions do work. Mileage on the cluster is 24,xxx

Why Am I selling? Mileage problems with trying to get my car smogged in California. I don't want the hassle so I'm putting the stock cluster back in...and I also need money too : (. This would be great for anybody not living in California.

What I have not figured out:

Brake light stays on. You can pull the LED out of tape over it.
Check engine light DOES work, but when it illuminates, it gets bright, and when it turns off, it gets dim.
High beam indicator blue light.
Trunk, and seatbelt light- Not important
Airbag light is connected and seems to work, but it does not do the self check. If I disconnect the wires for the SRS, the light comes on, so I assume it is working.
Battery light.
The temp gauge does not work. It can work. It just needs to be soldered directly to the input lead on the board.

Youtube used " im1uponu" managed to get everything working.

I cut the top tab off of the cluster. It was in the way of getting it to fit in my 97 Civic. That's no problem because it will now fit in any 96-2000 civic without any cutting.

Tach and speedo are both dead accurate. Tested speedo with GPS.
Oil pressure light works
Fuel gauge works, but is two notches off. You need to fill up two marks before the E.
Trip odometer and the dim function on the cluster works.

Video: Just uploaded to youtube so it might not work for a few minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKZ7eLjPIrM

Trader Rating
If anybody here is worried about my trader rating, you can check out:

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha, thats pretty dope. I dig the cluster. Bump for you!

SW20FL

5+ Year Member
Thank you

II forgot to mention it is OBO. I will accept reasonable offers.

Don't forget that I am including the plugs from the 2005 Civic dash harness and the wiring guide so you don't have to do any sourcing.

SW20FL

5+ Year Member
More pictures. Don't forget to watch the video! :cool:

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GLWS. Great oem mod. Im sure this will not last long with a obo offer. Good work son.

SW20FL

5+ Year Member
Thanks guys. If you have a 2003- 2005 Civic, this will work as well if you just want to replace your cluster. For the 2001-2002 Civics, you have to repin the connectors, I can direct you to 10)% direct instructions.

Domani253

Is there a complete write up on the red em1 cluster into the ek? I have the cluster, will tach and speedo work just wire to wire

Status
Not open for further replies.