2005 Hatchback SI Price

Glockem

5+ Year Member
Hey guys, this is my first post.

I am about to pick up a used 2005 Blue Civic Hatchback SI with 20k miles on it, and it is damn near mint. Anyway, I wanted to make sure that the price I am getting it for is good $17,495? Based on KBB.com, this price is below bluebook, so it seems like a good deal to me. Let me know what you think. Is there anything I should be looking for on this car in regards to issues, recalls, etc? Thanks.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
anything done to it?

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
Could find a used FG2 in the ballpark of 17-20....

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got my 05 ep3 with 19k miles for 15k

Glockem

5+ Year Member
The car is completely stock, and the CARFAX shows no issues at all. 1 owner car, no wrecks, etc. Warranty is still in place until July of 08. Is it still a good price?

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
Well to bad you weren't in the market a few months ago, my friend sold his to carmax I believe for around 10k cause no one would buy it, it was an 03 with like 60k I believe.

But if that's what you want and there's a warranty on it, then more power to ya, but if your eyes start to wonder a little you can get alot more for the money(rsx-s or si).

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you been looking long? If not, I'd suggest to keep looking.

Glockem

5+ Year Member
Yes, I have been looking for quite a while, but they keep having a lot of miles, with a lot of door dings, scratches, etc. Or they have been all sooped up, and i don't want that yet.

How much should a Honda Extended warranty cost me, or more importantly, how much should I pay for one?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they should be going for about 15k nowadays with around 30k miles... (dallas area)

Glockem

5+ Year Member
I just talked them down to $17k plus taxes. That's roughly $1k less than KBB. So I am pulling the trigger, but now I need to decide on an extended warranty. Any advice on the warranty stuff.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
if you're intrested in hatchbacks spend the money on a rsx type S =D lol

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just talked them down to $17k plus taxes. That's roughly $1k less than KBB. So I am pulling the trigger, but now I need to decide on an extended warranty. Any advice on the warranty stuff.
For 17k, I'm sure you can get something faster.

guerra

5+ Year Member
if you're intrested in hatchbacks spend the money on a rsx type S =D lol
:word:

granted the rsx looks more like a coupe but the type s are so bad and you can get a used one for a pretty good price. my friend has a rsx-s with work done and its real sexy.