2006 Civic Si.

chadroper

5+ Year Member
I looked at one it has a K20 and get like 32 miles per gallon on highway. I wonder if I should buy them when they come out. The accord get like 20 on the highway. But that B16 was a piece of crap. I didnt have nearly enough torque you had to shift into 4th when going up hills, I have pulled out several times and someone nearly folded it up. Then when you get into a car with normal amount of power you run over everything. Is the K20 any better than the B16. I think the B16 was designed for performance and not for strength. :?:

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k20>B16 simple as that. It's much better in every way.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wrong section. The 2006 is an 8th gen, not a 6th gen. ;) Mods, please move.

I wouldn't buy a 6th gen Si to be honest. I think they're overpriced for what they are. If I wanted that body style so badly with all power options to boot I'd get a 6th gen EX and swap it.

As for the 2006, I'd wait another year before buying one. Just to make sure the kinks are out of it by then.

2000exCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well let think k20=197hp 139torque b16=160hp 111torque no brainer

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think he's talking more about he reliability, strength, and technology of the motor more than just the power output. Remember that the newer Civics are also heavier for one (if you're going to compare the 8th gen to the 6th gen).

Thewonderer

Civic Si User
5+ Year Member
also remember the b16a is applied to some of the fastest hatchbacks found on the racetracks... the k20s are too as are gsrs but the b16a .... 10+ strong all day long...

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that sucks for you if you had a em1 that wont go uphil without downshifting, mine can easily climb to like 85 mph on a 6% upgrade

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16's have no torque. Im glad to see that they now have approx. 200hp other than the 160hp pos. One thing that struck me the most though, was the during the 6th gen models, the gap between the ex and the si was approx. 30hp. now the gap is 60hp. the new sohc r18's look nice. but you cant complain with a type s rsx motor in a civic.

does this mean acura is going to turn into luxury and honda is going to take up the performance? seems plausible to me.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B16's are not the best honda motor by FAR, but they are not bad motors. Compared to a k20, most honda motors suck. The 4 bangers anyway, besides the f20c.

Tke k20 is FAR superior to the b16, b18c1, b18c5, b16b, b20...ect ect. But it costs an assload more. They seem to be pretty reliable too, but so are b16's. I don't really know if you are asking us if you should get one and swap or just buy the new si, but if you have that much money to blow why not? K20's are sick and the civic is a nice car. But you would be better off boosting the b16 or a gsr or something, if speed is all you want and you don't care about a new car.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hatch said:
does this mean acura is going to turn into luxury and honda is going to take up the performance? seems plausible to me.
with the removal of the rsx, that seems about right. that can only mean good things for honda buyers

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
an assload now, once noobies in 8th gen Si's start wrecking expect a downslide in prices for K-series engines

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i honestly don' think the price will come down on k-series, still too new, i mean hell b18's still go for 2k+ not to mention all the computer stuff, btw i'm pretty happy w/ my b16 and i'm sure i'll be more happy once its boosted

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k20 trannys suck asss....
i knwo some1 with an 05 rsx S boosted :twisted:
and he can barely get into 2nd and 3rd anymore..needless to say his warranty is void..

its way too early to speak of k20 reliability and shyt....so i would just wait..;)

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Isnt this the guy that keeps getting banned b/c he posts dumb ass topics like this? Look at his thread starting history.........I think hes just a troll.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol he was surprised his tubro accord beat his b16...who can forget :laugh:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
Isnt this the guy that keeps getting banned b/c he posts dumb ass topics like this? Look at his thread starting history.........I think hes just a troll.
Just giving you a heads up (and anyone else), don't post off topic or you get a warning now. I reported this thread some time yesterday too to tell mods to move it, but nothing has been done.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks to me like its in the 8th gen section :what:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I guess I didn't notice it was finally moved. I reported it yesterday and checked back hours later and nothing had been done. This might been one of the threasds I ended up PMing oc about though.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's nothing wrong with the B16. I mean c'mon...It unseated Ferarri's reign in horsepower per liter production and let's keep in mind that it dates back some 17 or so years. For what it was in it's time, the B16 is very good. Sure the K is better. Honda learned from the B-series and other engines and applied that to the K.

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
There's nothing wrong with the B16. I mean c'mon...It unseated Ferarri's reign in horsepower per liter production and let's keep in mind that it dates back some 17 or so years. For what it was in it's time, the B16 is very good. Sure the K is better. Honda learned from the B-series and other engines and applied that to the K.

agreed. at one time the model T was the s**t, but nostaliga can not stop the march of time. k is better, the advantage of the b is its age though, there is lots of parts and knowledgeable people.