2006 maxima vs honda S2000

ShlemJDM

5+ Year Member
Hello Guys so sunday night at 2pm me and my freind were driving around on (Stock 2006 6sp Maxima) and spoted an S2000 and decided to race it.
So we came up to the guy and ask if he wona run he was cool his like yea sure so we line up at Ocean Parkway from 30mph roll 1.2.3 go We instant got half car on him and start to pull shut down at about 90mph with 1 1/2 car on him 2nd race same 30mph roll 1 2 3 same out come ! so we decided to give him a jump so he jumps about a car on us and we catch up to him and had a fender on him at about 105mph and I see cops in front of us slammed the brakes right away we though we f**ked but they even didnt pay attantion just drive by us. got Lucky. anyway dude was cool and sas that he got pulled. I Personaly expected more from S2000 than that but they not that fast as i thought !

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow... maxima pwnage? :o

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ShlemJDM said:
Hello Guys so sunday night at 2pm me and my freind were driving around on (Stock 2006 6sp Maxima) and spoted an S2000 and decided to race it.
So we came up to the guy and ask if he wona run he was cool his like yea sure so we line up at Ocean Parkway from 30mph roll 1.2.3 go We instant got half car on him and start to pull shut down at about 90mph with 1 1/2 car on him 2nd race same 30mph roll 1 2 3 same out come ! so we decided to give him a jump so he jumps about a car on us and we catch up to him and had a fender on him at about 105mph and I see cops in front of us slammed the brakes right away we though we f**ked but they even didnt pay attantion just drive by us. got Lucky. anyway dude was cool and sas that he got pulled. I Personaly expected more from S2000 than that but they not that fast as i thought !

I ah, I uh, ummmm.... what?

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So, this conversation should actually go.......

Wow, I am really impressed my buddy has a 2006 6 speed (auto-manual) Maxima which has a 3.5L V6 making about 255 hp and we raced this S2000, which has a 2.2L inline 4-cylinder making only 240 hp, and we only were able to pull one car length on him in a drag race. I mean we had 50% more cyclinders and 15 more hp, and I was super surprised that we were able to beat him because I am an idiot and never realized that more hp and more cylinders would mean that our car would be faster than his?

First of all, I wish you would have gotten caught racing, because anyone not on the track is a danger to society and makes customizing cars look bad, because people like you go out and race your stock car on the street.

Second of all, if you are going to make a comparision, perhaps you should do a little research to make sure that you are actually making a comparison, and not comparing something that we could all just look up and figure out on our own

PS. Yes, I am a d**k, but just making a point that your story is worthless

EDIT - Oh yea, and last time I checked, or learned how to read my watch like a big boy, sunday night would be 2am, unless it gets dark really early where ever you are from

hollywood217

Say it with me....GON-JA!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kabulski said:
So, this conversation should actual go.......

Wow, I am really impressed my buddy has a 2006 6 speed (auto-manual) Maxima which has a 3.5L V6 making about 255 hp and we raced this S2000, which has a 2.2L inline 4-cylinder amking only 240 hp, and we only were able to pull one car length on him in a drag race. I mean we had 50% more cyclinders and 15 more hp, and I was super surprised that we were able to beat him because I am an idiot and never realized that more hp and more cylinders would mean that our car would be faster than his?

First of all, I wish you would have gotten caught racing, because anyone not on the track is a danger to society and makes customizing cars look bad, because people like you go out and race your stock car on the street.

Second of all, if you are going to make a comparision, perhaps you should do a little research to make sure that you are actually making a comparison, and not comparing something that we could all just look up and figure out on our own

EDIT - Oh yea, and last time I checked, or learned how to read my watch like a big boy, sunday night would be 2am, unless it gets dark really early where ever you are from
Now that's ownage at its best!!! :rolf:

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thank you, Thank you,

as you all would say...... b***h got pwned!

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I agree with kabulski. However, isn't Maxima heavier than s2000? Because if the s2k is much lighter than I think s2k could win.

Some dude at work said he has a supercharge on his 96 explorer and makes about 400hp. So one night I decided to follow his tail and see what he's got. My 127hp kept up with him fairly well. So I think weight makes a difference.

Also, what does this thread have to do with 5th gen civics?

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pineapples said:
I agree with kabulski. However, isn't Maxima heavier than s2000? Because if the s2k is much lighter than I think s2k could win.

Some dude at work said he has a supercharge on his 96 explorer and makes about 400hp. So one night I decided to follow his tail and see what he's got. My 127hp kept up with him fairly well. So I think weight makes a difference.

Also, what does this thread have to do with 5th gen civics?
keep in mind that to handle as FABULOUSLY as the s2000 does, it takes alot of bracing. Being that its a convertible, all that rigidity didnt come from magic. In reality, as small as the s2k is...... it isnt that light at all.

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pineapples, thank you so much for making the comment about the 5th generation, I was afraid to go after that issue too

I also agree with the weight comment too, my brother said the same thing, one guy in a S2000 vs 2 guys in a Maxima, which is much heavier, the S2000 has a curb weight of 2855 and the Maxima has a curb weight of 3485lbs. So in reality, I think that these guys should have or actual did lose the S2000 and are trying to talk themselves up

Either way, the point of this conversation is that you should not be racing an S2000 and a Maxima on the streets, the Maxima has a hp advantage and weight disadvantage, so overall I think the S2000 should have won, but it all comes down to ability, knowledge, and skill, which sounds like both of the people involved were lacking

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
also, according to my research, there is a horsepower deficit of 25hp. 240 for the s2k and 265 for the maxima. Food for thought... after compiling all of my data and examining my survey results, the verdict is: an s2000 is f**king great and a maxima is something my mom would drive. You idiots.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
kabulski said:
I am an idiot and never realized that more hp and more cylinders would mean that our car would be faster than his?
only an idiot would look at those factors...... those factors alone will not mean a faster car

the torque number on the other hand..... that helped a whole f**king bunch ;)

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with those numbers I would think that the s2k would walk your nissan ass. Maybe when you asked him to run he was making fun of you guys by letting you guys take off :lol: Hell, I've done it before, why run a slow car :what: it gets boring after a while ya know

I walked a 06 maxima like f**kin nothing tho, on the street too >` It was a friend of mines friend :???: Well, he said that there was no way that my piece of s**t could take his new car out, so I quick handed his ass to him and his car was left on the side of the road :lol: Yup, he had only had it for like 4 days when he raced me and it broke down :oops: So I had to give us all a ride to the bar where he bought me a victory heineken :D He got it towed the next day and it turned out just to be a sensor

hollywood217 said:
Now that's ownage at its best!!! :rolf:
You mean hating at it's best :x

If you don't want to have anything to do with street racing then I'd suggest not posting in a street racing thread ;) I know you want to make yourself look smart and better than the other but you really don't because it's the net yo :lol:

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And if it was an AP1, torque # goes down even further :lol:

You may have wooped that S2K (*may have*) but I'm ready to put any amount of money on the S2 wooping your ass around a track...which is what it was designed for in the first place, not drag racing.

blacknmild874

b00st s00n!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
kabulski said:
So, this conversation should actually go.......

Wow, I am really impressed my buddy has a 2006 6 speed (auto-manual) Maxima which has a 3.5L V6 making about 255 hp and we raced this S2000, which has a 2.2L inline 4-cylinder making only 240 hp, and we only were able to pull one car length on him in a drag race. I mean we had 50% more cyclinders and 15 more hp, and I was super surprised that we were able to beat him because I am an idiot and never realized that more hp and more cylinders would mean that our car would be faster than his?

you sir are the idiot. you are telling me that my boosted d15b7 that will be beating my friends 2003 Mustang GT should lose to him? negative. its not horsepower and cylinders, its power to weight ratio.

so is it ok if its a modded car racing on the street?

yes you are a d**k, and an idiot

good job smart ass. he made a mistake STFU :retard: :kickass: :whiner: :whip: :hithead:

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
with those numbers I would think that the s2k would walk your nissan ass. Maybe when you asked him to run he was making fun of you guys by letting you guys take off :lol: Hell, I've done it before, why run a slow car :what: it gets boring after a while ya know

I walked a 06 maxima like f**kin nothing tho, on the street too >` It was a friend of mines friend :???: Well, he said that there was no way that my piece of s**t could take his new car out, so I quick handed his ass to him and his car was left on the side of the road :lol: Yup, he had only had it for like 4 days when he raced me and it broke down :oops: So I had to give us all a ride to the bar where he bought me a victory heineken :D He got it towed the next day and it turned out just to be a sensor

You mean hating at it's best :x

If you don't want to have anything to do with street racing then I'd suggest not posting in a street racing thread ;) I know you want to make yourself look smart and better than the other but you really don't because it's the net yo :lol:

Thats my boy, :clap: :beer:

SplitDuration94

5+ Year Member
wow... if your beating an s2k by 1 1/2 cars in a maxima congrats... i eat stock s2ks also by about 2-3 car lenghts from any roll... im going to see how i match up with an 06 maxi-pad.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Many factors affect the performance of a car. So you never know, you think you beat a stock S2K but that's not really true unless you race a few different ones, who knows that guy could of had been way overdue for an oil change, meaning that not everyone has their car running their best all the time.

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Should be giving props to Maxima for winnning. I don't doubt it. From a roll, the v6 isn't going to have any traction problem and with it's torque will leave the s2000 screaming to catch up.

4 door family car > s2000, give props where it's due.

bigpatskize

Fat boy with AWD
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
postal21 said:
wow... maxima pwnage? :o
yeah bro my mom just bought a new maxima and they are pretty bad ass...........but its auto........but it still has the sports shifter which makes it seem like you are driveing manual
:lol: