2007 Civic Si want to start mod'ing

Mike D52

5+ Year Member
What's up...new to the site and relatively new to Hondas.

Just finished paying off my 2007 Civic Si and I am ready to start modifying.

Please give me some suggestions like upgrades and manufacturers you like.

I was thinking of the following but I am not sure of the order:

1) A cat back
2) ceramic/stainless?? heads
3) CAI
4) SLR chip.

Let me know what you think, and also what order you would recomend if you did one at a time.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i agree, but ceramic/stainless is the coating for the headers to keep heat to a minimum, he obviously came from muscle because ive never read anything about ceramic coatings on these import parts.

now i dont know what the SLR chip is, but the only reflash for the current si is Hondata, which raises the redline, and changes when Vtec kicks in which gives you more low end power which every honda needs.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that chip is useless, 69 bucks for "50 hp" never gonna happen, just give me the 69 bucks, ill take your car for a hour, do nothing to it, tell you i put a chip in it, and call it a day, same differnce

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
id prolly just lower it, do a nice exhaust,

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You did it to yourself for acting like a child. Look how you responded, cursing and swearing like you just learned some new naughty words. Someone suggested you do a little more research before jumping into some modifications to your vehicle. Another then attempted to defend you by saying your inquires were at least based off of previous involvement with a different breed of vehicles. If you are going to over react and start drama then good riddens.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i will say it again,

the ONLY chip upgrade avaliable for your car right now is the Hondata, if you look at the cars list on the SLR site you posted, you wont see your car there.

as for the headers, i looked at the site, and again, the 8thgen si is not listed with the ceramic or stainless steel headers, you would have to get the buddyclub or DC sports headers.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
everyone chill, and lets get back on topic please.

there are tons of exhaust systems out there for the car. it all depends on what you are looking for, some are loud as hell, some are quiet until you get on it/hit vtec greddy tends to be more quite, while skunk 2 is usually pretty loud, both are good exhausts. theres also LSD systems that sound pretty good, magnaflow also makes a good one. youtube always did good things for me when looking for exhaust sounds. are you looking for performance only, or visual upgrades too?

Mike D52

5+ Year Member
THanks again for the leads.

I will check out Youtube like you suggested. I am most interested in spending money on performance first, but visual down the road. Not sure if that is how everyone does it, but that was my plan

everyone chill, and lets get back on topic please.

there are tons of exhaust systems out there for the car. it all depends on what you are looking for, some are loud as hell, some are quiet until you get on it/hit vtec greddy tends to be more quite, while skunk 2 is usually pretty loud, both are good exhausts. theres also LSD systems that sound pretty good, magnaflow also makes a good one. youtube always did good things for me when looking for exhaust sounds. are you looking for performance only, or visual upgrades too?

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NP

not everyone does it that way, some people think the car is fast enough for them how it is, so they just work on looks.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I can't believe you have not heard of a stainless steel head, a ceramic head, or the SLR chip for the Civic.

Here are some links...Pay ATTENTION because the SLR site is a direct link from this clubcivic.com domain.

http://slrmotorsports.com/shop/index...t_detail&p=327

http://www.procivic.com/pages-main_p...e-headers.html
LOL @ the PM by the OP! haha.

Dude, its called a HEADER not a head. A head is that thing 3' away from your a*****e.

That SLR chip will do NOTHING for your K20. If anything itll f**k with your A/F and give you a CEL. $69 for 50 horsepower and torque? Wow... "If something is too good to be true, it probably is.."

GOod thing you asked for opinions before you gave some guy $69 for a POS chip. First of all, buy some coil overs and get them PROFESSIONALLY installed by someone other than yourself and lower your car. Then get a nice intake+ exhaust set up for your car.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First Honda, but thanks for the relatively mild insult compared to your buddies.

Very helpful
rippin it owns a 7th gen,

if he's insulting you then he's insulting himself

take it easy OP at least you didn't buy a fit :lol:

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well since it's already paid off have you considered forced induction?

Also a budget would be helpful unless you want me suggesting extremely expensive parts.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
save up 2 grand more and boost the Si.