2007 civic stereo problems. speakers not working in front

kevbocometh

ok 2 years ago my front left speaker started gong in and out and then it quit. a few months ago the front right went in and out and then quit as well. i took the bottom of the door off(driver side) and the speaker and connection both looked factory new, much to my surprise and dismay. i should also mention that the stereo itself does not light up when the headlamps are in operation. i really don't know what my next step should be. could it be a fuse? or would the whole stereo have turned off(this seems more likely). unless there is an internal fuse in the stereo unit itself. is the stereo unit just bunk? it only functioned properly to about 35k miles? should i replace this stereo with another of the same...if so where are the best deals on new/used honda oem stereos? is there something better that i should be looking at? this is really bothering me...as im sure you can imagine. this is my 4th honda and i keep buying them because i don't want to be bothered by crap like this. i would really appreciate any help i can get on this even if its just a better way to diagnose what the problem is. thank you in advance everybody.

RonJ

Banned
Check whether the connector at the rear of the radio is loose. Unplug it and replug. Then test whether it works.