1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

2007 civic stereo problems. speakers not working in front

Discussion in '8th Generation Honda Civic (2006-2011)' started by kevbocometh, Mar 29, 2013.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. kevbocometh

kevbocometh New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    washington, dc
    ok 2 years ago my front left speaker started gong in and out and then it quit. a few months ago the front right went in and out and then quit as well. i took the bottom of the door off(driver side) and the speaker and connection both looked factory new, much to my surprise and dismay. i should also mention that the stereo itself does not light up when the headlamps are in operation. i really don't know what my next step should be. could it be a fuse? or would the whole stereo have turned off(this seems more likely). unless there is an internal fuse in the stereo unit itself. is the stereo unit just bunk? it only functioned properly to about 35k miles? should i replace this stereo with another of the same...if so where are the best deals on new/used honda oem stereos? is there something better that i should be looking at? this is really bothering me...as im sure you can imagine. this is my 4th honda and i keep buying them because i don't want to be bothered by crap like this. i would really appreciate any help i can get on this even if its just a better way to diagnose what the problem is. thank you in advance everybody.
  2. RonJ

RonJ Banned

Oct 20, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Check whether the connector at the rear of the radio is loose. Unplug it and replug. Then test whether it works.
  3. Failsafe88

Failsafe88 gt CasaNova Registered VIP

Oct 20, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Take it no warranty?